engine oil and filter for new 2015 nissan rogue

Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all it doesn't matter who changed the oil for warranty. It can be you, a garage you trust or a quick lube or the dealership. For warranty all that matters is the oil is changed with spec'd oil for your vehicle as per a schedule in the owners manual.

It is against the law for them to deny you warranty if they are not the only source (dealership) to change the oil

I have a 1997 Nissan Hardbody with 286k miles on it. It turns over and runs just fine. It needs the valves adjusted, but other than that an overall reliable vehicle. Can't speak for the newer Nissans because I've personally never owned one. My stepmom had an 08 altima for about 120k miles and never had one issue with it.

If it was my rogue, I would just do what the others around here suggested and just go by the owners manual for the oil weight. And if you are in doubt about an oil filter just use a mobil 1 filter or the OEM filter.

Keep all oil + filter + other parts receipts in an envelop and put it the glove box. These receipts are evidences that you change oil + filter yourself.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
Keep all oil + filter + other parts receipts in an envelop and put it the glove box. These receipts are evidences that you change oil + filter yourself.

I hang a plastic grocery bag on a nail in the wall in the garage and just drop in all the boxes and receipts. Keep the log in the car, every fillup, every tire rotation, every oil change.

is this thread for real??? if the OP needs to ask all these questions regarding oil type and the tools needed, yet claims to not own or drive the vehicle, he should step away from the car and leave the tools and tech to a qualified person.

alls I can say is WOW!!!

Last edited:
I know where the drain plug is but am having trouble locating the filter? Where's the filter and where is the drain plug location on a toro push lawn mower? Diagrams would be helpful

Also can you use mmo marvel mystery oil with synthetic oil or in synthetic oil? I heard it was designed to be used with conventional and the dimensions for my camry tranny drain plug is 3/8 inch and is that 10mm for the hex key I'd use? Does the rogue have a drain plug and if so, what size is it for the tranny drain plug? Thabks.

Quote:
anybody have a nissan cvt that lasted a long time?

I work for a lab. We have 3 courier cars (Sentra) in our fleet that I believe are around 07-09 year of manufacture. All three have over 300k on their original CVT transmissions and engines. About 70% hwy 30% city mileage.
I think the one with the most is at approx. 325k.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: engineer20
I know where the drain plug is but am having trouble locating the filter? Where's the filter and where is the drain plug location on a toro push lawn mower? Diagrams would be helpful
Filter for a lawn mower? What?

Take out the dipstick and turn the mower upside down to dump the oil out.

Originally Posted By: Bigdaddyeasy
Trade it in for a Ford edge. Ford edge is as reliable as any Toyota these days.

Haha yeah right them ford edges are having a lot of problems with there water pumps which is located inside the motor

Originally Posted By: engineer20
where is the oil filter located? I had trouble finding it. THanks.

You mean after 8 months of looking underneath the vehicle, you still can't locate the oil filter?

still can't find it but i'll check that video out, it's not right underneath the car and i don't go under the car every day

i just had it rust proofed the other day and the car isn't mine, it's a family member's
but i told them not to drive the car to let it rest and let the oil dry but they drove it amnyways, and on an unpaved dirt road! i checked and now under the hood and in the door jambs, dirt mixed with the oil and now the oil or film is dirty and not smooth like it used to be
should i redo it and wash it off or leave it as is? what should I do about the dirty stuff mixed in with the newly rust proofed oil? thanks.

How can I argue to court in Michigan about impeding traffic, as the fine seems expensive?
I just got a ticket for impeding traffic. I would like to dny responsiblity but am not sure if the court will buy my side of the story or not. I was very surprised I got a ticket. I saw a police behind me, so I drove extra cautiously because I know the police are crazy right not and ticketing like crazy and trying to find any excuse to ticket you to make some money, but sometimes cautious can be too cautious and I got a ticket for impeding traffic. One cab (in a urban setting, not suburban/rural) was letting someone out the car, so I stopped and wanted to be polite and nice and to avoid getting in trouble, I waited, and then, the taxi did not move. The taxi then flashed his emergenchy signal and I used my high beams to signal to the taxi that I was letting him so he could go on the road, but he didn't go, and then police who was behind me claimed I was impeding traffic and 4 cars were backed up, but could he really do it for this and what's the fine and will this affect my insurance? I feel this is bullS and I can't believe this happened. Nice guys really do finish last. Why? I got in trouble for being polite? I like how this works.

Sounds like a good reason to get a ticket. Why deny responsibility? You did the crime, now pay the fine.

so now my camry won't start
I thought it was the battery, replaced that
now, I got an aap toughone starter and put it in (thanks to youtube tutorial videos) and the car still won't start. my old starter was bad because after changing the battery, I'd hit it with a mallet and the car would start, but then , hitting didn't work anymore, so I got a new starter, could it be I didn't put it in correctly, or aap gave me the wrong stasrter?
how's autozone starters or oreilly starters, or the aap carquest starter? I'm disappointed they gave me the wrong starter or a bad starter that won't start the car!

Starters from parts stores are usually junk. It's possible it's bad from the get go, or you have a bad flex-plate or the starter isn't tight all the way. Check grounds and other electrical connections as well as relays. See if the relay for the starter is the same as something else such as the A/C and swap them and see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back