Engine Failure - Toyota 4Runner V6 - Warranty

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought my Mazda RX8 from that same dealer's Mazda shop a month ago. Good choice on the Golf.

I'm guessing you picked up the 2.5 and not the 2.0?

BC.

BigJohn, I LOVE your log book. So much, I'm gonna have to replicate it for myself.

Thanks for the thread, and all the participants, this has been a fun read. Glad to see it had a happy ending!

Originally Posted By: G35_TX
I was like, looks like my car but I have a GTI.
smile.gif
Good choice. First VW I have owned since my family in the 70s and loving it so far. Probably own them from now on after owning Acuras, Nissan's, Toyota's.

I was a little amazed at our VW ownership, when I really thought back, about it.....

In 1986, the year I graduated from high school, my older sister (by 8 years) had purchased an Audi. She put 80k miles on it and then sold it to my Dad....(he purchased it for me, I think paying....$6k). At the ago of 18, I was put in an Audi 4000S. It had the 5 speed manual and I think it had the 1.8L, in-line 4. Wow that car was awesome to drive....and it got up to 40 mpg.

Then I got married, early in life, and the only 2nd car I could afford.....was a 1972 VW Bug that I purchased for $400. I drove that car for 2 years.

Fast forward to 2009.....and my oldest boy, Bryce....needed a car the year he graduated. I found a 'smokin deal' on a 2008 Rabbit. Purchased it for $12,800 with only 17k miles on it.

We loved that car so much....a year later, when I needed a car, I purchased a 2009 Passat.

Then a year later, when the wife gave Tyler her 4Runner....we purchased her a VW Touareg TDI.

Then.....came the 2010 Golf for Tyler.

I am not going to apologize for being an American and owning German. They are the best cars we have ever owned.

The only non-VW in the family is my oldest daughter's car, a Toyota Yaris. It has been absolutely awesome!!!! It has 60k miles on it and nothing wrong. It has had a regular diet, every 5-6k miles of various synthetics. She graduates from CU Boulder in a week and once she lands a job.....she wants to sell the car and purchase a VW Tiguan.

My baby....16 year old, Katie..... Is begging me for a 'used' VW Beetle. I will find her a spiffy 2000-2002 for $5k.

Originally Posted By: Johnny
By looking at that smile on your son's face, I would say he's happy. Where is he going to college at?

Yeah, Johnny.....he's a happy boy and thrilled with the ride. He is already looking at APR tuning and cold air intakes. First though.....he has to build his bank account from his grocery store job to have some spending money this coming year.

Tyler is headed to TBI (Texas Bible Institute), just outside of Houston. He has decided he wants to 'ground himself' before he heads off to college to make some 'life decisions'.

Originally Posted By: Bladecutter
I bought my Mazda RX8 from that same dealer's Mazda shop a month ago. Good choice on the Golf.

I'm guessing you picked up the 2.5 and not the 2.0?

BC.

I don't think the 2.0 was offered in 2010....was it? I think it is only offered in 2011 in the stripped down Jetta.

Originally Posted By: kemo
BigJohn, I LOVE your log book. So much, I'm gonna have to replicate it for myself.

Thanks for the thread, and all the participants, this has been a fun read. Glad to see it had a happy ending!

Thanks man!!!!! It is wise to keep good records....I can attest to that!!!!!

Last edited:
the stealerships are most often not a place to go to have your car fixed unless it is under warranty and then sometimes they lie and tell you there is nothing wrong when you know there is that is when lemon law is your friend!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back