Double Stack 9mm 2011

Looking into getting a double stack 9mm 2011. Considering Springfield Prodigy, Staccato, and a Dan Wesson DWX.

Prodigy, heard QC issues but seems like a good value if it runs right.

DWX, nice but not optics ready.

Staccato, amazing but expensive.

Any experience with any of these?

Thanks.

Know a Staccato owner. Tried it once. Awesome choice. Not cheap. Supremely reliable.

Mixed reviews on the Prodigy. Some have had great luck. Some awful. “Honest Outlaw” on YouTube is a guy I often watch. It’s a lot cheaper than a Staccato, but if it takes a bunch to make it run right, there’s no savings there.

Just read a DWX review. The magazine loved it. But then, they usually do…

The only one I’ve shot - Staccato. I really liked it.

A friend on my business street owns a small shooting range and teaches classes showed me his staccato when I was there. I'll admit it was the first time I've ever heard of that brand but it man that was the nicest feeling gun I've held to date.

Don't think i could spend that much on a gun knowing I'd hardly use it since i wouldn't use it for everyday carry. He let me put 4 shots on it and it was one of the most accurate groupings i think I've ever gotten with a handgun. Such a refined and quality feeling gun. I'd buy one but i know i wouldn't use it much then sell it at a slight loss like i have with my other impulse buys.

Big bucks spent on a 1911/2011 is money well spent if you can afford the $$$$$ and appreciate precision.

Back