D1g2 with hths above 3.1

So you're looking for a dexos 1 0w-20 with 30 grade performance. Why not just get a 5w-30 d2g2 and claim "I saw dexos so I put it in and it ran perfectly fine" in the extreme unlikely event the engine fails and they ask what exactly you put in if they cared enough after seeing the inside of the engine was spotless anyway.

So you're looking for a dexos 1 0w-20 with 30 grade performance. Why not just get a 5w-30 d2g2 and claim "I saw dexos so I put it in and it ran perfectly fine" in the extreme unlikely event the engine fails and they ask what exactly you put in if they cared enough after seeing the inside of the engine was spotless anyway.
Tbh, I didn't even know there was a d2g2 spec now. My warranty went out the window when the car had 500 miles on it. I'm just trying to find a "thick" 5w30 for a turbo direct injected motor. I thought the d1g2 spec was the "it" spec for that motor. That's why I was aiming at d1g2. If there is something even better than that, I'm all for it.

Why the fixation on HTHS? Will you or your engine know the difference between a 3.1 or 3.2 etc?

Also, which engine are we talking about here?

Why the fixation on HTHS? Will you or your engine know the difference between a 3.1 or 3.2 etc?

Also, which engine are we talking about here?
I would say yes, my car would know the difference. It's a 1.6l EB motor in a Fiesta. It's a TT5 track car, on e85 and methanol. It sheared down some Amsoil SS 5w30 into a light 20wt in only 2200 miles of STREET driving. I'm looking for a better alternative that would shear down to a 30wt in that amount of mileage.

Why did you start just another thread? Just to repeat the same discussion?

Why did you start just another thread? Just to repeat the same discussion?

No, because after that thread, I started doing more research, and had different questions, mainly about the d1g2 specs. You don't have to participate if you don't want to, you know that, right?

Well, you don't have to read my contribution if you don't appreciate it, did you know that?
The point is, some of the questions asked here wouldn't have been necessary with the
information provided in the former discussion. Why again start from the beginning? It's still
the same car and still the same question "what oil to use'. What thread are you going to start
next, why not start another one?

No, because after that thread, I started doing more research, and had different questions, mainly about the d1g2 specs. You don't have to participate if you don't want to, you know that, right?

Well, you don't have to read my contribution if you don't appreciate it, did you know that?
The point is, some of the questions asked here wouldn't have been necessary with the
information provided in the former discussion. Why again start from the beginning? It's still
the same car and still the same question "what oil to use'. What thread are you going to start
next, why not start another one?
I do know that I don't have to read your contribution, but I do appreciate it, yours and everyone else's....buuuut, MY point is, that I was asking (at least from my perspective) different questions then what were in the last post, as well as my decision to try a more "off the shelf" oil, as opposed to a boutique oil (which was what was the main topic and mainly recommended in the last post). Also, some of those recommendations, were for some oils that do NOT meet the requirements that I am now looking for. Requirements that I did not even know I wanted until I was directed down a different path, and started researching different oils (as a result of the last post). Also, the last post was a few weeks ago I believe, and I don't know how long people follow these posts for, so I thought I would just make a new post. Apparently, that triggers some people here, my apologies. I was actually warned about joining this website, and was told that some people here can be "caddy". I guess I now know what they meant.

Back