D1g2 with hths above 3.1

Hey guys, are there any xw30 oils that have a d1g2 cert, but also have an hths greater than 3.1? A "thick" 30 wt? Heck, even a xw40 would work. Just wondering what's out there. This is for a turbo gdi.

Thanks!
For a TGDI just go 5w40/0w40 Mobil 1. M1 0w40 esp is Dexos 2 and is designed to not gum up your intake valves but the Euro is the better of the two.

For a TGDI just go 5w40/0w40 Mobil 1. M1 0w40 esp is Dexos 2 and is designed to not gum up your intake valves but the Euro is the better of the two.
Looks like the SA is higher in the 0w40 and the Flashpoint is lower. Wouldn't the 5w30 be a better option if that's the case? And wouldn't the 5w30 have less vii's?

You may have noticed the licensed list includes quite a few oils that are MB229.51/52 and VW ratings. HTHS with C3 ratings.
I use the Castrol C3 and it holds viscosity well. Castrol and Pennzoil ordered from Walmart is the best bang for the buck. Pennzoil L is also stocked at most Walmarts. Just not my preference.
Fuchs, Mobil, Valvoline, and the Euro oils are all good if they have the MB and VW ratings. They just cost more than Castrol and Pennzoil.

How do you think the Mobil 1 ESP 5w30 would hold up to some hard street driving?

That Mobil 1 ESP 5w30 is Porsche C30 approved ... It's a daggone legit great oil. Has to be.

Google search Porsche a40 testing... The video of that is amazing to watch.

That Mobil 1 ESP 5w30 is Porsche C30 approved ... It's a daggone legit great oil. Has to be.

Google search Porsche a40 testing... The video of that is amazing to watch.
I think this is the next oil I'm going to try. It looks like the old "formula" version may be slightly better than the current version, but not by much. Now, I just gotta find it. Lol.

I appreciate your help on this!!! Thank you!!

I think this is the next oil I'm going to try. It looks like the old "formula" version may be slightly better than the current version, but not by much. Now, I just gotta find it. Lol.

I appreciate your help on this!!! Thank you!!
It’s generally about twice the cost of the Castrol product with the same approval(s), is it twice as good?

I buy it at Napa when it’s on sale but at full price?

You may have noticed the licensed list includes quite a few oils that are MB229.51/52 and VW ratings. HTHS with C3 ratings.
I use the Castrol C3 and it holds viscosity well. Castrol and Pennzoil ordered from Walmart is the best bang for the buck. Pennzoil L is also stocked at most Walmarts. Just not my preference.
Fuchs, Mobil, Valvoline, and the Euro oils are all good if they have the MB and VW ratings. They just cost more than Castrol and Pennzoil.
Here is Pennzoil Euro L 5w30. Enjoy.

DC79B04C-BF23-4102-B246-AE5333C83A5A.png
0859F422-721B-45F6-BEFA-1C44E97216F1.png

Last edited:
No it is not. Like I said it has similar approvals as the Mobil 1 ESP. ACEA C3 has a sulfated ash limit of 0.8. Go by the approvals and not by what you think.
Thats what I'm trying to do, hence me now looking for a Dexos 2 oil. But are there Dexos 2 oils that have high SA? Which is what I don't need, correct? And I can't just go off approvals alone, right? Considering Amsoil claimed to have all the approvals I needed, and it didn't cut tye mustard. Lol

That post is exactly what I was saying. I’m starting to wonder if you really are looking for oil or not.

Approvals are what demonstrate the proven performance of an oil. Anything else is speculating. Usually by amateurs.

Your Amsoil problem - as explained at the time- is fuel dilution. That is agnostic to the brand of oil.

That post is exactly what I was saying. I’m starting to wonder if you really are looking for oil or not.

Approvals are what demonstrate the proven performance of an oil. Anything else is speculating. Usually by amateurs.

Your Amsoil problem - as explained at the time- is fuel dilution. That is agnostic to the brand of oil.
Oh boy. What else what I be doing on here? Lol.

"Amateurs"? I didn't know there were professionals. I'm assuming you are a "professional"?.....that comes onto the internet to debate oils? I thought professional would have a better, more "professional" place to do that? I guess not!!! Isn't this the place for us poor "amatuers" to come learn about oil? And for others to have discussions about oils and what not, regardless of their status?

It wasn't an Amsoil "problem". I know that it was fuel dilution. Regardless of why the oil lost viscosity (fuel dilution or mechanical), the obvious answer, was to get an oil with a higher hths.....which others (I'm assuming they were "professionals" as well now) from my previous post agreed with.

Don't worry, after this post, and once you read it, I will delete this post, along with my acct. Keep treating people like that, then don't ask why this website has gone down hill in the last few years.

But hey, you have a good day and stay safe out there!!!

Three pages and we seem to be going in circles on this question, whatever the question is?
The question has already been answered. I was simply just asking questions about other oils, and some people......oops, sorry, some "professionals" seem to have taken offense by that.

Anyways. I'm off this website. They were right. This place has gone down hill

To all the gents who actually did help out answered some of my dumb questions, and make legit contributions. Thank you.

Back