"Current" Fram filters.

Was in Walmart today to pick up a few things, and I took a walk down the oil aisle. Not much oil in stock, but I noticed the Fram orange cans are back down to $4, new box designs (the boxes looks a little more "generic and plain" per se), and the silicone adbvs are back.
The common (not HD or application specific) Fram Orange cans have been $4 continuously, with the exception of some filters that are in high demand I guess, the PH9688, are $9 for whatever reason.

$4.79 a pop for CH9972 (2012 RAAV4 4cyl) on Amazon. Or if your want a bulk pack of 6 the cost is $46.00. That's that "new" math the kids are doing.....I'll go with single purchases at $4.79 and skip the bulk pack for a $7.67 unit cost?? My local Wally is priced the same as Amazon.

The common (not HD or application specific) Fram Orange cans have been $4 continuously, with the exception of some filters that are in high demand I guess, the PH9688, are $9 for whatever reason.
Thought outside the box and got a 7317 for the mid $4 just last week.

So I'm giving Fram another shot because now that filter is only a dollar more than SuperTech.

Our Walmart needs to put cameras in the filter aisle and make a "you open it, you bought it" policy. Way too many boxes torn open and scattered around. No way I would ever buy one having seen what people will try and return.

The Walmart we go to has redesigned their store layout and the motor oil and filters are in a separate hall that is a dead end. It’s almost weird going into that section and it’s not marked either.

I have read that they are stepping up on anti theft strategies including the use of facial recognition tracking cameras which this particular store has. I have been seeing these camera systems in other stores as well.

I have no problem with someone opening a filter box to check it for dents or to verify that it has a silicone ADBV (as advertised) etc...it's the lowlifes who switch Fram Ultra's into the lower priced orange boxes and leave an orange can in the FU box for the next guy that are the problem.

Yeah the Fram orange cans were I think $7 or $8 here for awhile and had black nitrile adbvs. I went yesterday and they had completely different boxes, were back down to $4, and had the orange silicone adbvs. The boxes were very plain looking imo and had no mention of the silicone adbvs like they did in the past. I didn't think to look at the TGs, but if they're "back to normal", I'll start using those again. They were $6 back when I used to use them.

I have no problem with someone opening a filter box to check it for dents or to verify that it has a silicone ADBV (as advertised) etc...it's the lowlifes who switch Fram Ultra's into the lower priced orange boxes and leave an orange can in the FU box for the next guy that are the problem.
Same here. I always open the box and examine the filters to make sure they aren't used, damaged, or swapped. I remember finding used Motorcraft FT820S filters all the time when buying for her Mustang.

The XG9688 had jumped to $9. Not having to use that part number anymore, I haven't noticed if it came back down $5.

Back