Fram Titanium FS12447 oil filter

I picked this filter up for my 3.0 Duramax Silverado while I was checking another AAP for OG FS5s for my big block. It looks like the mini-max owners have a superior alternative to the PF66.

It looks like it's basically a Synthetic Endurance. Made in USA, metal core, louvers, silicone ADBV, and I was just barely able to see what looks like a nylon mesh on the filter media. Here are some pics. I would have cut it open, but it was the only one in stock. I'll probably check another AAP in the next few days and do an actual C&P.

20240304_134532.jpg

rsz_120240304_103821.jpg

rsz_120240304_103833.jpg

rsz_20240304_103913.jpg

rsz_220240304_103808.jpg

I picked this filter up for my 3.0 Duramax Silverado while I was checking another AAP for OG FS5s for my big block. It looks like the mini-max owners have a superior alternative to the PF66.

It looks like it's basically a Synthetic Endurance. Made in USA, metal core, louvers, silicone ADBV, and I was just barely able to see what looks like a nylon mesh on the filter media. Here are some pics. I would have cut it open, but it was the only one in stock. I'll probably check another AAP in the next few days and do an actual C&P.

View attachment 206641

View attachment 206642

View attachment 206644

View attachment 206645

View attachment 206647

Serviceable filter. How much you pay for that? Thank You. And very clear nice pics 👍🍺🇺🇸🇨🇦

It would be interesting if it has a mesh backing of any kind (nylon or metal) since some of the Titaniums have shown up with no media backed media like the new Ultras have gone to.

View attachment 206641

View attachment 206642

View attachment 206644

View attachment 206645

View attachment 206647

The best thing here is that this Oil Filter is Wired!

Serviceable filter. How much you pay for that? Thank You. And very clear nice pics 👍🍺🇺🇸🇨🇦

$12.95.

I'm also going to head to a Walmart and see if I can take a look into the XG12447 and see if it's the same thing, as those are $8.95 and historically the Ultras and Titaniums were the same thing.

I'm also going to head to a Walmart and see if I can take a look into the XG12447 and see if it's the same thing ...
Go idea. Maybe that specific model is make differently than the other Titaniums and Ultras for some reason. If you find the XG12447 is built the same as the Titanium model, then also check some other Ultras to see if they also have that same construction or not.

you can tell by looking at the flutes and the intake holes that that is a champs filter. same body as say a ST MP, acdelco etc with backed media.

you can tell by looking at the flutes and the intake holes that that is a champs filter. same body as say a ST MP, acdelco etc with backed media.
The Fram Endurance without that base plate design is also Champ Labs and looks like a Royal Purple (also Champ Labs) with a Endurance paint job and sticker on it. That specific filter model of 12447 may have different construction than other Ultra, Titanium or Endurance model filters.

The Fram Endurance without that base plate design is also Champ Labs and looks like a Royal Purple (also Champ Labs) with an Endurance paint job and sticker on it. That specific filter model of 12447 may have different construction than other Ultra, Titanium or Endurance model filters.
i am very aware, just strange to see a titanium built off of a conglomeration of champs parts.

i am very aware, just strange to see a titanium built off of a conglomeration of champs parts.
It's still a Fram filter, and Champ Labs makes the Endurance, so not a stretch that they could now also be building some other Fram models.

$12.95.

I'm also going to head to a Walmart and see if I can take a look into the XG12447 and see if it's the same thing, as those are $8.95 and historically the Ultras and Titaniums were the same thing.
Remember, too, there are generally 15% or more off codes for AAP, if you buy online, not to mention Speedperks and other % back buy-through websites. Last Titanium I bought ended up being ~$10.

Go idea. Maybe that specific model is make differently than the other Titaniums and Ultras for some reason. If you find the XG12447 is built the same as the Titanium model, then also check some other Ultras to see if they also have that same construction or not.
Bought a XG12447 today. Was sealed, so I couldn't open it in store. I'm definitely returning it.

It's a step up from the PF66, but it's pretty clear that the titanium is a repainted synthetic endurance.

The XG12447 has a silicone ADBV and is clearly made by Champ, but it has a plastic inner core and cellulose media.

rsz_120240306_113841.jpg

Bought a XG12447 today. Was sealed, so I couldn't open it in store. I'm definitely returning it.

It's a step up from the PF66, but it's pretty clear that the titanium is a repainted synthetic endurance.

The XG12447 has a silicone ADBV and is clearly made by Champ, but it has a plastic inner core and cellulose media.

View attachment 206911
Thanks for posting. I’ve never seen an Ultra like that.

rsz_120240306_113841.jpg
Hard to say what the media is by just looking at it. Don't know why they would change the media just because it has an eCore center tube. If they are changing the media and it has an impact on the efficiency, then I'd expect Fram's website to show any change in efficiency numbers - might take them months to catch-up if that's the case. Very well could be that Fram just went with an eCore center tube now (probably with medal end caps), which IMO isn't a bad thing since you don't have to scrutinize the louvers before buying/using the filter.

View attachment 206911
That COULD be an improvement, that would be a good one to see cut open after a fairly lengthy run to see how the media handled the dP. I'm just a little afraid FB is using customers for "field based research & development". There's a lot of changes happening very quickly, like PH filters with nylon end caps & Ecore center tubes (the former domain of ultra cheap WM TLE oil changes)...

Hard to say what the media is by just looking at it. Don't know why they would change the media just because it has an eCore center tube. If they are changing the media and it has an impact on the efficiency, then I'd expect Fram's website to show any change in efficiency numbers - might take them months to catch-up if that's the case. Very well could be that Fram just went with an eCore center tube now (probably with medal end caps), which IMO isn't a bad thing since you don't have to scrutinize the louvers before buying/using the filter.
The fact Fram has been trying to say the new sprayed on Ultra media outperforms the old 2-ply OG pink on efficiency puts anything they say into question.

Back