Fram Titanium FS12447 C&P

What's the date code on the new Titanium? Did you look for wire backing through the louvers (or holes)?

What's the date code on the new Titanium? Did you look for wire backing through the louvers (or holes)?
I did, and I barely saw the wire backing through the louvers. I can crawl under my truck later to get the date code, currently at the Toyota dealer with my wife's car

i don’t fully believe this is an endurance. not the same ADBV and a metal crimp vs a melted seam in the endurance.

Yep, it's an OG Titanium. It took longer for the Titanium line to switch over to the non-wire backed version.

i was thinking this as well, but look at the amsoil EA posted today
Looks like an OG Ultra or Titanium guts with louvers - pleats look "plump" like wire backed.. Date code looks to be 8 (or 9), 17 22, so built a while ago. It's been shown before that some filter models might look different than the rest in the model line because they may be built by someone else. Amsoil just contracts whoever to make filters for then and labelled as Amsoil filters.

Looks like an OG Ultra or Titanium guts with louvers - pleats look "plump" like wire backed.. Date code looks to be 8 (or 9), 17 22, so built a while ago. It's been shown before that some filter models might look different than the rest in the model line because they may be built by someone else. Amsoil just contracts whoever to make filters for then and labelled as Amsoil filters.
one other thing. the metal mesh i square and not like og wire. pretty sure OP is right here.

IMG_6702.jpeg

one other thing. the metal mesh i square and not like og wire. pretty sure OP is right here.

View attachment 215255
Where is that photo from? OP in the black Amsoil C&P thread didn't show the media backing removed on his filter, so don't know what the wire backing looks like on that black Amsoil.

Where is that photo from? OP in the black Amsoil C&P thread didn't show the media backing removed on his filter, so don't know what the wire backing looks like on that black Amsoil.
the photo i just posted is from my OG titanium, the wire on OP’s filter is black and square shaped.

the photo i just posted is from my OG titanium, the wire on OP’s filter is black and square shaped.
Got conversation going on about two different threads and filters. I was referring to the Amsoil filter you mentioned in post 27, which doesn't show what the media backing is. The way oil filters change with time, and often seen where not all models seem to be built the same sometimes (even between Ultra and Titanium), it's not surprising if there's a difference in the backing. Date codes need to be seen also to give more info the build time since build configurations have been changing a lot over time.

Back