Fram Titanium FS10575 C&P

Boiling the filter in water isn't really simulating a running engine with combustion blow-by in the oil for a whole OCI. Even though the water experiment certainly caused the media to grow and become wavy. There may be other factors involved with actual oil and combustion blow-by in an engine.

And the mere force of the leaf spring trying to only compress the center tube, regardless if there's pleats in the filter or not, is not going to make the end caps move/compress together unless there is no center tube in the filter. All the compression force from the leaf spring is going through the center tube based on how the leaf spring sits right on top of the center tube column. If the leaf spring was compressing and decreasing the end cap distance, then they all should all be wavy even when brand new, but they aren't wavy when unused. They have different levels of waviness after use depending on the engine and OCI use conditions.

Last edited:
Interesting…

Only one of these is not looking like the other two…

Same motor etc etc etc…
Many 5.3’s & many filters - only XG doing this …
Regardless - the media is thin/weak unlike some previous combined cellulose/synthetics (thicker/stronger) - I tore one easily with a finger and Brendan had one tear in service - so I don’t think the resin is giving them additional strength/stiffness …
Going to use AC Delco for single runs and Fram FE for 2X runs …

Regardless - the media is thin/weak unlike some previous combined cellulose/synthetics (thicker/stronger) - I tore one easily with a finger and Brendan had one tear in service - so I don’t think the resin is giving them additional strength/stiffness …

Sounds like a solid plan sir 👍🍻

I understand….

I’m with ya on this too….

The FE is definitely worthy of running 2 runs consecutively.

Back