What's In Your Stash?

Good Morning Everyone,
Help me understand these stashes of oil filters. If OCIs are approximately 5,000 miles;
1. What are the benefits of stockpiling 10-20 oil filters? (versus buying them when needed)
2. How many miles are BITOG members driving in a year?

Thank you!
Save when prices are low or pay more later. Plus it IS an affliction or obsession.

If the wife can have 3 dozen pairs of shoes in the closet, the husband can have 3 dozen oil filters. 😂
It's like motor oil and additives: multiple brands, viscosity, specs to do different functions but a single bottle of 10 in 1 body wash in the shower.

First off I`ll say that when stocking filters, I usually get stuck with a few when I decide to sell one of the vehicles. example our past JL Jeep, now have a few filters left over. Anyhoo:
1 chevy truck
1 Subaru (still on freebee oil changes)
1 377 chevy powered boat.
current stash includes:
1- WIX 10255
1 - Purolator PL22500
1 - Purolator PBL22500
1 - WIX 51061
1- K&N 2002
1 - ACDelco PF35L
currently waiting on 2 - Supertech MP10575 (since they are almost exact to the PF63)

All three vehicles under my wing have OCs awaiting. I've two additional oil filters and one jug of oil; dead relatives and all.
Two engine air filters, CAFs and a PCV valve are on the same shelf as my once huge supply of wiper blade refills.
Include a jug of gear oil, coolant for two vehicles and ATF for two vehicles' continuing maintenance, and you have my entire stash.
Do 2 X 20 oz. LubeGard (red) count?

All good quality, part numbers upon request.

As of today, the beginning to phase out of the ChampXLs. I have one left for my wifes Honda Fit before going back to OEM units. I love that the OEMs come with new drain washers.

Mewbs pointed out the same larger filter that fits on my 3mz Highlander fits my 1nz motors in my Yaris and Tercel, I like having 2 decisions for these 3 cars already decided...PG- based filters and HPL oil (when due to change). My race Tercel I do not know if the larger filter will work yet and I threw out my spare engines to try on. Ill likely just save the small CXLs for that since its limited use anyways. I am building another 1nz swapped Tercel this year and that will automatically get the bigger filter.

If I do not get too anxious this current stash should last me like 5 years

Messenger_creation_29e14327-bf35-4070-8c2b-d2eabe995754.jpg

I am building another 1nz swapped Tercel this year and that will automatically get the bigger filter.
Cool, you gonna share some progress on the swap here?

For the 1NZ-FE, any 3614 or 3600 sized filter will do. If you value absolute efficiency I'd go with the Donaldson P551132 a case of 12 goes for around 80-90 bucks from a Donaldson distributor Intellaparts. Fram Endurance FE3600 and Microgard Select MSL51516 would be my choice for the larger size. Just bring a flashlight before getting any of the Endurance filters, louvers are a hit and miss, at least my shopping experience goes so far on them.

Cool, you gonna share some progress on the swap here?

For the 1NZ-FE, any 3614 or 3600 sized filter will do. If you value absolute efficiency I'd go with the Donaldson P551132 a case of 12 goes for around 80-90 bucks from a Donaldson distributor Intellaparts. Fram Endurance FE3600 and Microgard Select MSL51516 would be my choice for the larger size. Just bring a flashlight before getting any of the Endurance filters, louvers are a hit and miss, at least my shopping experience goes so far on them.

I havent done much beyond removing the old driveline and removing the engine side motor mount bracket. I also need to get the car registered in my name before going much further.

The plan is I have a known good, but higher mileage 1nz from a friends Canadian spec Echo he parted out along with a c150 from a US spec Echo. I want to set it up with the same aftermarket ECU I run in my "racecar" so I do not have to worry about the MAF. Get it sorted and running right, then I have another 1nz from another buddies xB that might have a blown headgasket that I want to take apart and rebuild with aftermarket rods and cams and aim for something like 7500rpm. Then put together a c5X trans with an LSD but that will likely be a year or 2 down the road.

For filters I am sticking with the EcoGard S241(and other PG equivalents) size for now just to keep it all simple.

20240202_124559.jpg

20240319_075442.jpg

Five cars
Four Bosch Premium
Four Purolator Tech
One Hengst
Maybe one misplaced Motorcraft
Same with me misplaced but for the PF63 equivalent I have:

3 new XP
4 regular WIX
5 AC DELCO PF63
2 Mann German for 335i
2 Mahle
1 Hengst
4 Wix XP for LS430
2 Wix XP for Nissan Maxima

21 oil filters?

That’s kinda crazy, I know. If I’m lucky I think the GM 6.2 V8 uses the PF63 as well (next car I hope)

Just had a thought American Pickers would like my basement especially when they see the Snap On collection

Back