Countdown is on-6mos left on my lease

Status
Not open for further replies.
6 months to the day left on my '15 Silverado lease. I hate this truck.

Now, I need some ideas on where to go next.
1. I've learned my lesson on giving GM another shot...they plain suck at building cars other than a Vette
2. I don't necessarily need a truck, but prefer something AWD capable with plenty of storage space. This double cab didn't cut it. Need at least a crew cab if I go truck again.
3. I am open to buying a good used option
4. I am open to large sedans with good acceleration and nice AT transmissions
5. I am open to any brand except VW and GM crud

I'd like to keep payments under $300 on a lease with under $1K down(my truck was around $600 down and $247/mo).

Ideas? Any companies doing a lease pull ahead that will buy out my remainder of this lease?

Lol and I'm over here really liking the new 1/2 tons with the 5.3 and the 3/4 with the 6.2.

My choice would be something you pay cash for.
Fleecing cars is a surefire way to get stuck funding Someone else's lake house.
Get something used and reliable.
Depreciation on a new vehicle is typically 12-20% a year
2005 Lexus LS430

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: dwcopple

Ideas? Any companies doing a lease pull ahead that will buy out my remainder of this lease?

From what I've experienced, dealers will easily buy out your last 6mo if you buy or lease something off their lot. I did it once myself and several times with family members.

Liked the ( low miles) Dodge Charger I had for rental in FL last year. Had some before and they where not too good. This one was near perfect. Was not over optioned - pretty much fleet options. Think shifted great and engine was super responsive and powerful. I for days I Thought the Pentastar 6 was a Small 8 - and I'm a hard core engine guy!

Over time Just some front end bushing and stabilizer upgrades and it will be the thing to beat. You can get AWD if needed too.

Originally Posted By: NormanBuntz
You seem hard to please. Good luck finding something you like for under $300 a month and $1,000 down.
you seem mean and judgemental

Originally Posted By: Brybo86
My choice would be something you pay cash for.
Fleecing cars is a surefire way to get stuck funding Someone else's lake house.
Get something used and reliable.
Depreciation on a new vehicle is typically 12-20% a year
2005 Lexus LS430
I'd love to find a LS430 for a reasonable cash price in MI with less than 110K miles on it
Originally Posted By: Danno
How about the Ram V6 with 8-speed?
In a heartbeat, can you find me a good lease offer on a crew cab 4x4? Because I can't...

Most OEMs will do a lease pull ahead if the remaining payments are under $2K, and they all have year-end clearance deals, so you're in good shape timing wise.

Sounds like any mid/full size SUV or large AWD car (Chrysler 300, Dodge Charger) meets your requirements.

Check Ford, FCA, Toyota or Nissan for 2016 inventory deals that meet you payment range. Look for competitive lease conquest rebates also.

Last edited:
I'd love to find another (Mercury Montego)Ford Five Hundred with 3.0 Duratec and Aisin trans. Mine was incredible until it got totaled. I'd prefer the Ford this time because of the cheaper taillights/headlights. If I could find a grandma/grandpa owned one in a nice color (white, navy blue, BLACK) I'd be all over it. Great, underappreciated cars (the FWD version).

Get a used escalade eat. It's awd and has plenty of room. I have 167K miles on mine w no real issues. The 1St gens can be had for under $9k. I know it's GM,

Originally Posted By: IndyIan
Dodge Journey? V6 AWD, probably the most cu.ft per $ with AWD, almost a Chrysler 200 wagon.

I would advise against the Journey. A friend has one and the AWD system is nothing but trouble. It was towed again the other day, this time because it would not go into gear. Transfer case got stuck. Before that was a rebuilt transmission. It only has 80k on it.

Buy something you can afford to buy and save the $3-400 each month. Maintenance will cost less than the monthly payments and you won't be in debt.

Originally Posted By: Olas
Buy something you can afford to buy and save the $3-400 each month. Maintenance will cost less than the monthly payments and you won't be in debt.
easier said than done. My truck was/is $247 a month and is maintenance free. Chevy paid for all of it, as well as the 5 recalls so far...
frown.gif

2017 Subaru Forester lease is looking very promising. $229/mo $1729 at signing. Wish it was a 24 month lease instead though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back