Coffee - Your Current Brew

My wife's uncle recently sent us a small bag of Douwe Egberts. I have never ever had coffee this good. We buy it every few weeks now from Amazon. Sometimes I get crazy and add a half scoop of some cheap Chocolate flavored coffee in with it, even better.

Today I am trying this. And again I bought it for the packaging...LOL

Attachments

• IMG_20210819_131334490_resize.jpg
    IMG_20210819_131334490_resize.jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 14
Working yesterday in NOLA, had this coffee yesterday morning with the French doughnuts. Really glad I tried this world famous place. Would definitely stop by again if I had time to kill and and in the area, but would not go out of my way to return.

BTW- the outdoor seating was spotless. No flies, even with all that powder sugar hitting the tables and ground. They Café seemed to work real proactively to keep things clean.

PXL_20210825_131112484.jpg

Working yesterday in NOLA, had this coffee yesterday morning with the French doughnuts. Really glad I tried this world famous place. Would definitely stop by again if I had time to kill and and in the area, but would not go out of my way to return.

BTW- the outdoor seating was spotless. No flies, even with all that powder sugar hitting the tables and ground. They Café seemed to work real proactively to keep things clean.

View attachment 68505
Wow, it’s dead! Was packed when we went for our anniversary in April.

Yes, sorry to say it was a ghostown.... 815am. I parked right out front, steps from the entrance.
Wonder why that was. Granted, we were there later - closer to mid-day, and we had to park way far away.

I guess everyone was out partying the night before!

• Haha
Reactions: GON
I got tired of paying the high price Peets.com charges, so I tried every thing Amazon sold plus all the local coffee shop specialty roasts. That took about a year.

Now I’m back at Peets where I started.

Z

PS I did drink Starbucks in the late 1980’s early 1990’s. I wasn’t experienced enough back then to know I was missing something.

PPS when in Colombia, OMA is out of this world. But the product they export is lacking something.

View attachment 68505

Oh là là ! C’est un beignet délicieux! 😚

Another I purchased for the bag design. This was really tasty and at $4.99 I wish I had got a few bags of it.
Coffee is like wine you buy one bottle on sale to try it before you buy more, then find out it was a good wine and want a case.... nope sales over. haha!

Attachments

• IMG_20210825_120714559_resize.jpg
    IMG_20210825_120714559_resize.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 5
Just ordered a bag of this. Hope they roast a fresh batch.

91SNsHjWIKL._SL800_.jpg
This came in today. Had to make a cup even though it's past 8 pm, but it's decaf, so it's OK. :)

Tastes pretty good out of my Breville espresso. Low acidity, like advertised. Not super flavorful, but not bad and fairly strong. Definitely better than Trader Joe's.

Roasted on 8/2, so not super fresh but good enough I guess. This came from Amazon. I suppose if you order directly from Don Pablo then you might get a fresher batch, but then you have to buy at least $50 worth to get free shipping.

For a light roast, it's pretty dark looking, but I know the process of decaffeination darkens the beans, so you can't really compare it to regular coffee. At least the beans are not oily so they won't muck up the grinder.

mlwm6nch.jpg

I've had to clean my grinder twice now that I've been ordering from Red Bird in the last couple months, those oily beans really muck up the burrs and can make coffee taste horrible.

Last edited:
Back