Little things that are annoying in your car(s) ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
95 Saturn... 5 speed shifter ball nylon stuff is wearing out, making shifter kind of sloppy. Seems to have some sort of intake whistle under load at 1300 RPM. "Buckle your seat belt" light stayed on, bad switch, so I cut the wire.

00 Saturn... Perpetual EVAP code. Put tape over MIL.
lol.gif
Intermediate shaft bearing makes occasional noise. Only one cupholder in front.

97 Silhouette: The headlights are dreadful! 9004 bulb is a lousy design, yellowed plastic lenses.

Originally Posted By: river_rat
Maybe that's a blessing in disguise? Subs rattle your car's body parts loose and wreck your hearing. LOL

Probably true, but I don't listen to them loud enough to shake anything. I just like the added depth to a normal volume level.
55.gif

Ones I can post before I fall asleep: In alot of cars; not just mine.
Tendency for the wipers that are brand new to skip and leave the swipe tracks on the window, the windows themselves on the inside getting dirty constantly and a never ending battle to get them clean and non streaked.And I don't smoke, nor allow it in my car.
39.gif

Last edited:
On my 2003 Buick:

Headrests raise, but don't tilt forward enough to reduce your head travel backward if you get rear-ended.

The security system: I don't understand it, even after reading the manual several times. Apparently if I get in the car first and put the key into the ignition before Miss Linda closes the passenger door, the alarm goes off (headlights flash and horn beeps -- and it's loud!). You can stop it by pressing the unlock button on the remote, which I discovered by flipping fast through the manual while the horn was screaming.

Difficulty in changing taillights; you have to remove the whole assembly from the trunk lid to get to the bulbs.

Occasional, very faint creaking from the interior in the cold. Much quieter, though, than the creaks in my older Mercedes were -- and we don't get much cold weather here anyway.

Yeah, the security system. Unlock the door of my Cavalier with the key, and the stupid alarm goes off? I threw my remote in a drawer and forbid my wife to use hers to lock the car.

I feel very sorry for people that live where they need such an obtrusive system. With all the false alarms, I wonder if anybody pays any attention to them. I certainly don't.

Originally Posted By: river_rat
Maybe that's a blessing in disguise? Subs rattle your car's body parts loose and wreck your hearing. LOL

+1

You should hear what comes out of some of the cars riding around South Beach at night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back