Cheap Oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wal-Mart yesterday:

Pennzoil 10W-30 $1.44 per quart
Havoline (Castrol/Texaco) 10W-30 $0.94 per quart
Mobil 10W-30 $0.84 per quart.

Is the Pennzoil really worth almost 50% more?
Thanks.

If you have a Kragen/Checkers/Schucks store by you, they regularly have Chevron Supreme 10W-30 for $0.69/qt after rebate.

No, no special sale except for the Mobil which looks like a one-time buy.
The Pennzoil has been going up steadily from about a buck a quart, where it was for years, to what it is now.
FWIW, avoid the five quart containers of Pennzoil. They are a buck a more than if you buy five one quart bottles.
The Havoline has been the same price for quite awhile now.
Thanks.

Wow, those are great prices. It this a sale?

The difference between the mobil and the Pennzoil is enough to buy you a nice motorcraft filter.

Personally I'm a pennzoil fan so I'd buy the Pennzoil even at the increased price. But hey,, it's only 3 bux.

If not the Pennzoil then I'd buy the Havoline.. another nice product.

quote:

Originally posted by SpitIX:
Wal-Mart yesterday:

Pennzoil 10W-30 $1.44 per quart
Havoline (Castrol/Texaco) 10W-30 $0.94 per quart
Mobil 10W-30 $0.84 per quart.

Is the Pennzoil really worth almost 50% more?
Thanks.

I think havoline was $.84 at my walmart. However, they never put anything on sale, they just have all the time generally low prices. Kmart knocked Castrol down from $1.89 to $1.25 and I got a couple of cases then. Sometimes mobil 1 is $4 a quart at kmart. But then again all Kmart has is nuclear orange filters, nothing else.

At my Wal-Mart, it is $1.59/qt and $8.47/5quart. I am weakening. The problem is, if I switch to something cheaper now, how long will the same thing still be available much cheaper than Pennzoil at the limited number of places convenient for me to shop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back