Cheap Oil?

Wal-Mart yesterday: Pennzoil 10W-30 $1.44 per quart Havoline (Castrol/Texaco) 10W-30 $0.94 per quart Mobil 10W-30 $0.84 per quart. Is the Pennzoil really worth almost 50% more? Thanks.

SpitIX

No, no special sale except for the Mobil which looks like a one-time buy. The Pennzoil has been going up steadily from about a buck a quart, where it was for years, to what it is now. FWIW, avoid the five quart containers of Pennzoil. They are a buck a more than if you buy five one quart bottles. The Havoline has been the same price for quite awhile now. Thanks.

Wow, those are great prices. It this a sale? The difference between the mobil and the Pennzoil is enough to buy you a nice motorcraft filter. Personally I'm a pennzoil fan so I'd buy the Pennzoil even at the increased price. But hey,, it's only 3 bux. If not the Pennzoil then I'd buy the Havoline.. another nice product.

quote:
Originally posted by SpitIX: Wal-Mart yesterday: Pennzoil 10W-30 $1.44 per quart Havoline (Castrol/Texaco) 10W-30 $0.94 per quart Mobil 10W-30 $0.84 per quart. Is the Pennzoil really worth almost 50% more? Thanks.
I think havoline was $.84 at my walmart. However, they never put anything on sale, they just have all the time generally low prices. Kmart knocked Castrol down from $1.89 to $1.25 and I got a couple of cases then. Sometimes mobil 1 is $4 a quart at kmart. But then again all Kmart has is nuclear orange filters, nothing else.

At my Wal-Mart, it is $1.59/qt and $8.47/5quart. I am weakening. The problem is, if I switch to something cheaper now, how long will the same thing still be available much cheaper than Pennzoil at the limited number of places convenient for me to shop?