Carry gun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, I love wheel guns. But they are capable of having issues. I had a Charter Arm snubby’s timing get off and the cylinder locked up on me pretty hard. It was a nightmare to deal with cause it had live ammo in it. Got it working, but never carried it again. Just couldn’t trust it anymore. I still have it only because I don’t think it’s right to sell something to someone like that.
I have a Beretta .22 auto like that. Have had it for over 30 years, and it's never been reliable. Would like to get rid of it, but I'd hate to have it wind up with someone who really needed it and have it fail. So it sits at home.

Carry: Walther PPS M2 9mm
Home: Walther PPQ M2 9mm
+1. Carry is not possible where I live unfortunately but my home protection is 9mm Walther PPQ but M1 with paddle release and extended barrel. Very nice shooting piece.

Home: Glock 19 Gen5 w/Trijicon HD sights. Federal 147 gr HST
also has Apex trigger and Olite PL-Mini Valkyrie 2 tactical light.

EDC: Glock 43 w/Trijicon HD sights Federal 147 gr HST
also has Apex trigger and Glockstore +2 magazine extensions

Both have same feel and identical operating systems/sights, I like consistency
In stress situations

All our kids have paws, so no safe needed.

1642429839766.jpg

Here is a good carry gun. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually no. I live in the Blue Ridge Mountains of southwestern Virginia which is a pretty safe area. It's just that it is also very remote and I can't rely on neighbors hearing or seeing any activity, or fast police response, so I add an element of self protection (in addition to good locks).

That sounds like where I grew up in Mississippi. My 3x great grandfather acquired the land (280 acres) in the middle of nowhere over 100 years ago and then the DeSoto National Forest was established on all of the land surrounding it. (He refused to sell.) Aside from our house and my grandparents house on the land, the nearest neighbor was ~8 miles down the road where civilization basically stopped at the government woods line. My drive to high school was 30-40 minutes depending on the weather as half of that drive was dirt road.

I really miss it. It was peaceful and isolated. I could plink gongs at 300 yards across the field with a 30-06 and noone around to even hear it, much less care. We had 40 acres of cleared farm land where we grew everything from corn to watermelon, squash, cantaloupe, peas, okra, and potatoes, which stocked up the freezers for the year and then some. We raised cows and pigs for meat, milk, and breeding. We had a chicken house for eggs and meat chickens. Come October-November, everybody in the family contributed to hunting including the women. Looking back on it, I'm impressed with how well my 65 year old grandmother could climb up in that stand in ghillie with a .270 and other gear at 4am. lol We'd bag 10-12 good sized does, usually older ones past their mating prime, to stock the freezers up, and then buck hunt only the rest of winter.

But yeah, guns were everywhere and everybody was exposed to them from a young age. The biggest thing was always safety and respect. My dad's shotgun was always loaded and by the front door, and I knew very well not to touch it. I shot my first gun at 5, killed my first deer at 6, and started competing in junior shooting competitions at 8. I loved (still do) long range precision shooting. My proudest moment came when I was 16 and took down a deer at 378 yards with a 30-06.

When walking around the land, I always had a pistol on me. Permit? What's a permit? lol

That sounds like where I grew up in Mississippi. My 3x great grandfather acquired the land (280 acres) in the middle of nowhere over 100 years ago and then the DeSoto National Forest was established on all of the land surrounding it. (He refused to sell.) Aside from our house and my grandparents house on the land, the nearest neighbor was ~8 miles down the road where civilization basically stopped at the government woods line. My drive to high school was 30-40 minutes depending on the weather as half of that drive was dirt road.

I really miss it. It was peaceful and isolated. I could plink gongs at 300 yards across the field with a 30-06 and noone around to even hear it, much less care. We had 40 acres of cleared farm land where we grew everything from corn to watermelon, squash, cantaloupe, peas, okra, and potatoes, which stocked up the freezers for the year and then some. We raised cows and pigs for meat, milk, and breeding. We had a chicken house for eggs and meat chickens. Come October-November, everybody in the family contributed to hunting including the women. Looking back on it, I'm impressed with how well my 65 year old grandmother could climb up in that stand in ghillie with a .270 and other gear at 4am. lol We'd bag 10-12 good sized does, usually older ones past their mating prime, to stock the freezers up, and then buck hunt only the rest of winter.

But yeah, guns were everywhere and everybody was exposed to them from a young age. The biggest thing was always safety and respect. My dad's shotgun was always loaded and by the front door, and I knew very well not to touch it. I shot my first gun at 5, killed my first deer at 6, and started competing in junior shooting competitions at 8. I loved (still do) long range precision shooting. My proudest moment came when I was 16 and took down a deer at 378 yards with a 30-06.

When walking around the land, I always had a pistol on me. Permit? What's a permit? lol
That's the way it ought to be.

I take the 'pick one thing and stick with it' route.

G27 or G23 Carry, mostly Summer/Winter.

The above with a G22/G35/G24C added for around the house (sitting in the safe). Mossburg 12GA and Bushmaster AR15 if needed also in the safe.

Spare mags are all 15 round that fit everything. There's no guessing or hunting for magazines, if I need one, I want to know what I pick up is going to work. Federal HST across the board as it has been verified to work without fail in all of them.

PT-709 Slim.

I have one of those. I keep it just in case I need a 1 lb hunk of scrap to throw at something and there's not an 80's fast food ashtray nearby. It's one of the most unreliable guns I've ever owned. It doesn't seem to matter what ammo I use or how well I clean and oil it, I can't get through a full mag without an FTF or FTE. I hope you've had better luck with yours than I have mine.

I have one of those. I keep it just in case I need a 1 lb hunk of scrap to throw at something and there's not an 80's fast food ashtray nearby. It's one of the most unreliable guns I've ever owned. It doesn't seem to matter what ammo I use or how well I clean and oil it, I can't get through a full mag without an FTF or FTE. I hope you've had better luck with yours than I have mine.
No malfunctions with mine. Have a few dozen boxes of ammo through it.

I've only taken it apart once. I usually just wipe it down with CLP. It's not a great gun but it's easy to carry and it puts holes in stuff.

Used to carry a full sized Walther PDP, but switching to Sig P320 XCarry now - handling a gun with full sized grip and compact slide feels more natural to me

All you LCP guys Check out the Kahr CW380. You will never carry your lcp again.
Yes I have both.
i had a lcp once. pure pocket carry scared me as i was concerned about it dropping out of my pocket. if i got a holster for it and carried iwb , then i may as well just carry soemthing bigger. Sold it and never regret it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back