Carry gun

Status
Not open for further replies.
HK P7M8, chromed by Cogan to better endure the slings and arrows of everyday carry.

I have not found another pistol that points so naturally... once you get over the somewhat odd manual of arms, it is a real keeper.
That is one of the few firearm regrets I have regarding missing an opportunity to purchase a new one when I had the chance. I rented one at a range back in the late 90’s and it amazed me at how accurate it was. I routinely carried a Glock and I was concerned about switching back and forth for EDC due to the P7’s manual of arms. The one that got away. 😕

When I was 18 or 19 years old a Longshoreman told me he carried a Browning High Power because of the round count and a snubby because the snubby didn't spit brass all over. These days I have flighting thoughts about what he actually did for a living.

I carry a S&W M&P Shield 9mm with crimson trace and use Federal HST ammo.

271387757_420610186426936_5967004474306061020_n.jpg

For home defense I keep a 9mm HK P30 v3 in a lock box under the bed.

For carry, I have a 9mm HK VP9, but I'm considering getting a 9mm HK VP9SK. I need to get some range time with one to see if I like it enough. I also have a 9mm Walther PPK M1, but I found that I strongly prefer the VP9. Again, I need some more range time with the PPK before deciding, but I will probably be selling the PPK to help pay for a VP9SK.

Last edited:
.357 SP101 hammerless for carry
Mossberg 500 for home

I normally carry a Sig P365 or a Glock 26. Both are carried IWB in RM Lowrider kydex holsters.
Finally someone else who uses the RM lowrider to carry in. I love RM holsters and have several both IWB and OWB. I've had mine for years.

I carry a Glock 43 and have a Glock 19 that I keep in a bedside holster by RM holsters.

Finally someone else who uses the RM lowrider to carry in. I love RM holsters and have several both IWB and OWB. I've had mine for years.

I carry a Glock 43 and have a Glock 19 that I keep in a bedside holster by RM holsters.

I know the feeling! I have tried several different holsters from higher end leather holsters, several different brands of hybrid style holsters, and numerous kydex holsters but have always found the RM holsters to fit me the best.

Reactions: wtd
Sig P320 with RDS, and S&W 442. Maybe a Kahr PM9 Covert.
The Sig is because the front sights are disappearing. Otherwise, Browning HiPower.

Home- Benelli M1 and/or Steyr AUG.

Car- SCAR 17. Maybe Benelli. Maybe AUG. Maybe Garand.

Motorcycle- Might switch to revolver; S&W 65. Ruger PC9 in saddlebag.

Charter Arms .38 Special with a 2" barrel. When under the stress that would happen if I need it, I need something foolproof.
Man, I love wheel guns. But they are capable of having issues. I had a Charter Arm snubby’s timing get off and the cylinder locked up on me pretty hard. It was a nightmare to deal with cause it had live ammo in it. Got it working, but never carried it again. Just couldn’t trust it anymore. I still have it only because I don’t think it’s right to sell something to someone like that.

Last edited:
I have couple questions and comments.

First on Kahr:

I had a Kahr CM9. It took some break in but it ran fine. Problem was the trigger. Just never felt good for me. Probably a personal thing but couldn't produce rapid tight groups. Are the newer small models better?

On the SW Bodyguard 380:

This is the only gun I got a full refund on. Basically fell apart on me. The pins would back out and entire gun would lock up. The laser quit working as the internal switch under the battery failed open. This was at least 6 years ago. Hope they have the bugs out.

When I'm out burning brush, cutting firewood or in the shop, working alone I carry my old Taurus PT92 AF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back