Why I carry a gun todayWhy I carry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why I carry a gun today
My old grandpa said to me son, 'there comes a time in every mans life when he stops bustin' knuckles and starts bustin' caps and usually it's when he becomes too old to take an arse whoopin'.

I don't carry a gun to kill people. I carry a gun to keep from being killed.

I don't carry a gun to scare people. I carry a gun because sometimes this world can be a scary place.

I don't carry a gun because I'm paranoid. I carry a gun because there are real threats in the world.

I don't carry a gun because I'm evil. I carry a gun because I have lived long enough to see the evil in the world.

I don't carry a gun because I hate the government. I carry a gun because I understand the limitations of government.

I don't carry a gun because I'm angry. I carry a gun so that I don't have to spend the rest of my life hating myself for failing to be prepared.

I don't carry a gun because I want to shoot someone. I carry a gun because I want to die at a ripe old age in my bed, and not on a sidewalk somewhere tomorrow afternoon.

I don't carry a gun because I'm a cowboy. I carry a gun because, when I die and go to heaven, I want to be a cowboy.

I don't carry a gun to make me feel like a man. I carry a gun because men know how to take care of themselves and the ones they love.

I don't carry a gun because I feel inadequate. I carry a gun because unarmed and facing three armed thugs, I am inadequate.

I don't carry a gun because I love it. I carry a gun because I love life and the people who make it meaningful to me.

Police Protection is an oxymoron. Free citizens must protect themselves. Police do not protect you from crime, they usually just investigate the crime after it happens and then call someone in to clean up the mess.

Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take an arse whoopin'

Wish I'd thought all that up!

Bob

You're right about the police. But how safe would we be if everybody carried a machine gun? I just try to stay out of dangerous places. However, I do have a gun in my house.

Originally Posted By: greenaccord02
I bet the world would be very safe and people would be very polite if everybody carried a machine gun.

If that were true, Afghanistan would be utopia.

I am not a gun user, i dont feel comfortable around them for myself, that being said, i agree 100% with the op.

But i dont have his confidence, or abilities.

Some folks are animals, at a job site two years ago, a car full of young men were shooting at another young man running along a group of homes across the street from me.

Scared the heck out of me! the incident never made the news, i guess it was another normal day in north Minneapolis!!

Excellent post!
thumbsup2.gif

I carry even though I'm 6ft 6" and too close to 300 lbs. Too many crazy folks out there and I WILL protect myself and family.

Training is a good thing. Hurts at times but worth it in the end.

Thanks to alreadygone for the OP!
cheers3.gif

Thanks for that post Bob it hits the mark in a nice polite way and pretty much covers the reasons why most people choose to own guns.

If I may add the quote by Sci-Fi writer Robert Heinlein

"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."

The problem with Somalia, Afghanistan, and countries like these is they have no laws. Nor do most of the people that live there have any value for human life.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

Good men, well armed, stop and deter such violence. If everyone had a machine-gun, and the good men were willing to use them, then the deaths of a few criminals would serve to deter other criminals from attempting to do evil, or they would also meet the same fate.

An armed society is a polite society.

who determines who is 'good'?

many many people have grown up in, and raised families in, and never had any problems in 'bad' areas and never felt the need for a gun.
'course, I don't carry an umbrella either.

because i'm an old fashioned kind of guy.i'm a man and i'm responsible for the protection of my family and property.i've carried for 20 years,never had to draw.don't want to,but when it comes down to me and mine's safety and that of some thug,well draw your own conclusion.in that same time period a friend of mine has had to draw his 3 times.
also i work at a prison and i KNOW what is out there.some of the folks locked up would scare the [censored] out of you.

Originally Posted By: Johnny
The problem with Somalia, Afghanistan, and countries like these is they have no laws. Nor do most of the people that live there have any value for human life.

AND not everyone has a gun. Only the people in charge...and they are in charge because they are the ones with guns.

Originally Posted By: Tempest
Originally Posted By: Johnny

AND not everyone has a gun. Only the people in charge...and they are in charge because they are the ones with guns.

Thanks, both of you. By the time I'd gotten that into words,,,they'd probably get me banned, or the thread locked.

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back