California to end sales of gasoline-only cars by 2035

Status
Not open for further replies.
California on Thursday moved to require all new vehicles sold in the state by 2035 to be either electric or plug-in electric hybrids, a landmark move that could speed the end of gasoline-powered vehicles.

Washington state is shooting for no new ICE sales in 2030, take that California ! :rolleyes: o_O

Yeah, CA is the largest car market in the nation. You can still buy a used car, and I imagine anyone who wants to get around the law and get an ICE powered car will find a way to do so.

This changes a lot... Tesla wins because they are the big dog. How will we charge? Aging (and inadequate?) infrastructure.
Gonna be wild!

This changes a lot... Tesla wins because they are the big dog. How will we charge? Aging (and inadequate?) infrastructure.
Gonna be wild!
Typical WA and CA car on the roads in 2040, lol.

b18607fed888f6597121eead043de32c.jpg

Last edited:
and I imagine anyone who wants to get around the law and get an ICE powered car will find a way to do so.
If it's like the WA law, I don't think anyone will even be allowed to buy a new ICE out of state and bring it into the state.

The vehicle makers are telling us they don't wanna make combustion powered vehicles down the road. Ford, the "stalwart" of the common man announced they are laying off thousands of white color employees. Guess which ones they are laying off.

This will force a lot of low income people out of personally owned transportation.
Exactly this. The EV "revolution" isn't the kind of revolution people think it'll be. Never mind the cost of vehicle purchase - the electricity to power the car will be so exorbitantly expensive that ordinary middle-income households will be bankrupted if they dare try to run it.

Exactly this. The EV "revolution" isn't the kind of revolution people think it'll be. Never mind the cost of vehicle purchase - the electricity to power the car will be so exorbitantly expensive that ordinary middle-income households will be bankrupted if they dare try to run it.
Do you know how much gas costs here? People can buy used cars, by the way.

This will force a lot of low income people out of personally owned transportation.
Ford and Chrysler/Ram/Jeep Dodge have given up in the low income market with their gas products already... The cheapest one they have here is the Ecosport at $28k...
GM has the Spark here at $12.8k for a base model that won't be available... I'm sure there will be a few $22k Sparks available though.
In theory electric vehicles should be cheaper to produce than gas pretty soon, batteries should be getting cheaper every year.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back