The scam continues: Why wind turbines are being re-powered at 10-years

OK, but not if you live on L.I. and know people who fish off Long Island.
They (fishermen) know nothing why whales are dying…. Story sounds plausible and lobby groups fuel it. 😂 I know fishermen well in Gloucester for better or worst and they have alternate realities.

Are windmillls scaring off the fish ???

They (fishermen) know nothing why whales are dying…. Story sounds plausible and lobby groups fuel it. 😂 I know fishermen well in Gloucester for better or worst and they have alternate realities.

I said nothing of scaring off fish, not a word, nor did I imply it, nice try though. ;) The people who fish here do know of the problems/dangers they cause navigating in fog and in storms. Marine life dying, it sure is plausible. Dangerous for fisherman off L.I. Ask for yourself, I fished these waters for decades, and know plenty of people who still do, and the dangers they can cause. People here don't want them.

One of the windiest places in the US where you can put wind turbines the old Mitsubishi a1000 turbines are lasting 15 to 20 years. The house wind farm is about to turn 20. A wind farm south of me got demolished it was all a1000 turbines, they weren't even 15 years old. My guess would be poor maintenance.

Interestingly, I have it on good authority from family, friends, and acquaintances that any position, assertion, or calculation that I makeon these topics is invalidated...simply because my life since 1989 has been working in generation, transmission, construction and maintenance.

Interestingly, I have it on good authority from family, friends, and acquaintances that any position, assertion, or calculation that I makeon these topics is invalidated...simply because my life since 1989 has been working in generation, transmission, construction and maintenance.
Here in the USA one just needs to listen to the wind energy companies, this is a disaster though this publication softens it up for reasons we can’t discuss here.
This will turn into another taxpayer dump of boatloads of money to “save face” and get some projects going at any cost.

Listen to the industry not the writers words

The green utopia seekers absolutely do not want to hear about such thing from people who have experience. They want to live in a green pipe dream and have smoke occasionally blown arse wards to make them feel good about themselves.

The last wind farm they put up here they didn't start negotiating the ROW for the transmission towers until they were nearly completed. The farmers took them to the cleaners and some refused to sell making the route zig zag around.

The green utopia seekers absolutely do not want to hear about such thing from people who have experience. They want to live in a green pipe dream and have smoke occasionally blown arse wards to make them feel good about themselves.
There's still lots of people who will pay more for renewables though, and wind and solar need to have the costs of energy storage (if needed in the local grid) added to their costs of installation. I think renewable energy schemes need to be fit to the local circumstances and in some places it won't work well, but that doesn't mean renewable can't work well somewhere else.

My local coop if you want the solar you really need to pony up. Million dollar liability insurance and a $500 connection fee plus the hardware. Then the zoning requirements. A farmer about a mile away has a 20 panel one. Pretty big set up.

The grain elevators usually have a large array to.

My local coop if you want the solar you really need to pony up. Million dollar liability insurance and a $500 connection fee plus the hardware. Then the zoning requirements. A farmer about a mile away has a 20 panel one. Pretty big set up.

The grain elevators usually have a large array to.
How big are the panels ?

There's still lots of people who will pay more for renewables though, and wind and solar need to have the costs of energy storage (if needed in the local grid) added to their costs of installation. I think renewable energy schemes need to be fit to the local circumstances and in some places it won't work well, but that doesn't mean renewable can't work well somewhere else.
Right now the throughput on a battery needs to be around 10 cents a kwh just to break even.
So wind and solar may only cost a few cents per kwh but once batteries are involved it becomes the.ost expensive form of power.

Most dead whales are full of plastic, must be from windmills

Right now the throughput on a battery needs to be around 10 cents a kwh just to break even.
So wind and solar may only cost a few cents per kwh but once batteries are involved it becomes the.ost expensive form of power.

Windmills are great at doing intermittent tasks like pumping water out west into a sistern.

Using excess wind/solar to overcool/overheat homes (depending on region/season) or overheat water or desalinate water or offset oil field pumping costs or offset refinery inputs would be needed to make this type of power “useful “ but we lack the controls and infrastructure to do it effectively . Solar and wind are never located next to anything that can use the power.

At this point solar/wind could be used to offset peaker plant idling costs by electrically keeping the plant warmed up and ready until it needs to kick in using excess power.

Not everyone likes wide swings in their homes temperature but some folks have made it work, cooling when they are gone and letting the house reheat when power is expensive.

Areas that make the best use of solar and wind have intermittent power (use it or loose it scenarios)

I could make off grid work (even without solar) , but Few Americans are in that place…

Here in the USA one just needs to listen to the wind energy companies, this is a disaster though this publication softens it up for reasons we can’t discuss here.
This will turn into another taxpayer dump of boatloads of money to “save face” and get some projects going at any cost.

Listen to the industry not the writers words

Tidal power works, windmills would only be realistic if you have rocky islands or very shallow water.

Last edited:
Tidal power works, windmills would only be realistic if you have rocky islands or very shallow water.
Tidal power has been a boondoggle, generally speaking. Yes, it "works" in the sense that it generates power, but that power being economic and of value is an all together different discussion.

Nova Scotia, one of the best possible locations, having access to the highest tides in the world, has made multiple attempts at tidal generation and none of those efforts are currently operating. Nova Scotia is both best poised geographically, and ill-suited, financially, to be pursuing these projects, so it is extremely unfortunate to see them burning money they don't have on projects with no history of success, even though the appeal is obvious (given the geography).

Cost of a Tesla Powerwal with full daily charge and discharge over its 10 year warranty is 27c Oz...versus a 35c tariff...

Back