California to end sales of gasoline-only cars by 2035

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toyota will benefit
Whenever there's a change, some will benefit and others won't.

Perhaps there will be many jobs created by expanding the electric grid, and installing charging stations. finding new ways to increase performance, both in vehicles and electricity creation. Maybe fossil fuel producers will invest more of their money and research into producing cleaner energy, and thereby clean up some of the mess they've made.

Far more than Toyota will benefit.

Low income people are less likely to live someplace with a charger.
Yep. Condos around here are starting to get chargers, due to strong demand. Apartments will follow, but all this will take time.
Now, many work places and shopping centers have charging, but there is nothing like charging at home.

Things are changing. Opportunity abounds.

Yep. Condos around here are starting to get chargers, due to strong demand. Apartments will follow, but all this will take time.
Now, many work places and shopping centers have charging, but there is nothing like charging at home.

Things are changing. Opportunity abounds.
Indeed! There will be opportunities for unskilled labor all the way to executives for newly-formed businesses and corporatuions.. There won't be thousands, or even millions, of EVs on the road without a support network.

For theVarious states outside of California are already taking steps to improve and expand their infrastructure. There are many obstacles to overcome, and those obstacles will provide job opportunities in many areas.

As an example, the number of wind turbines and wind farms I saw when crossing Iowa, Nebraska, and Wyoming surprised me. What surprised me, even more, were the large numbers of people working just to transport the turbine blades, and how many blades I saw being transported across the country. I never thought about that before.

Just recently VA was added to that list as they too signed into law to follow the CAFE guidelines so they are amongst CA, MA & WA. We can only hope that over here they will wise up and rescind that law.

Just recently VA was added to that list as they too signed into law to follow the CAFE guidelines so they are amongst CA, MA & WA. We can only hope that over here they will wise up and rescind that law.
Governor has pledged to fight it.

At least you got a 13 year heads-up.

Save your money for 12 years and buy a new ICE in 2034. Drive it 12 years (the average car age in the USA). That gets you to 2046. You’ll all be fine…

Governor has pledged to fight it.
We can only hope, that's the problem it's been one sided for far too long, they've pushed everything through and then all the governor has to do is sign it into law so now it's going to be a mess to rescind it if they don't get the other lawmakers out too. I'm sure that I'll have to do something by then I'm still driving 20-25 yr old vehicles myself, even the bike is almost 10 yrs old.

In the past having a balance of power seemed to work fairly well. I know it's a long ways off but wouldn't the states be losing out on a lot of tax? Not everyone can afford to buy electric vehicles nor have the means to charge them.

I know it's a long ways off but wouldn't the states be losing out on a lot of tax? Not everyone can afford to buy electric vehicles nor have the means to charge them.
They will just find other things to tax to feed the ever hungry and growing money monster.

Whenever there's a change, some will benefit and others won't.

Perhaps there will be many jobs created by expanding the electric grid, and installing charging stations. finding new ways to increase performance, both in vehicles and electricity creation. Maybe fossil fuel producers will invest more of their money and research into producing cleaner energy, and thereby clean up some of the mess they've made.

Far more than Toyota will benefit.
What mess is that. It must be nice to be an American and ignore how many millions that hydrocarbon producers have made a much better life for. Massive surface extraction is not the same “mess” as a well used to be there …
Very few know that both the Astrodome and NRG stadium sit over an abandoned oil field …

Pretty much everyone is making a PHEV at this juncture, so it won't just be Toyota.
Don’t forget 3rd party madness to follow - solar bed cover for the F150 anyone 👀

Guess they have a “camper grade” already …

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back