The scam continues: Why wind turbines are being re-powered at 10-years

Tidal power has been a boondoggle, generally speaking. Yes, it "works" in the sense that it generates power, but that power being economic and of value is an all together different discussion.

Nova Scotia, one of the best possible locations, having access to the highest tides in the world, has made multiple attempts at tidal generation and none of those efforts are currently operating. Nova Scotia is both best poised geographically, and ill-suited, financially, to be pursuing these projects, so it is extremely unfortunate to see them burning money they don't have on projects with no history of success, even though the appeal is obvious (given the geography).

Rather unfortunat we don’t even know how to build a dam anymore.

Proper tidal would be the same concept as damming a river

LOL, I've got 26 of them on my roof...
6.6Kw,5Kw inverter..
Probably a lot closer to the equator too than central Illinois? You have to be pretty high income around here to see any on a house. And they are chasing subsidies.

There some utility sized solar farms that have tracking so they are a bit more efficient. Two solar farms were approved for my county but never built. There's a lot of nukes around me though.

Probably a lot closer to the equator too than central Illinois? You have to be pretty high income around here to see any on a house. And they are chasing subsidies.

There some utility sized solar farms that have tracking so they are a bit more efficient. Two solar farms were approved for my county but never built. There's a lot of nukes around me though.
With the company claiming all the Renewables credits up front, it came in under 4 grand...however the feed in tarrif was 12c, with a buy price of 25c, now it's 7 and 33, and while we use 6KWh per day bought, and export 20-35, we are paying bills again.

There's a push to make us PAY to generate during the day, same as the power stations....I'll pull the plug at that point.

Rather unfortunat we don’t even know how to build a dam anymore.

Proper tidal would be the same concept as damming a river
You can start your journey here:
Annapolis Royal Generating Station - Wikipedia

Which is the style of facility you are thinking about. It was commissioned in 1984, long before we forgot how to build dams affordably and on time in the West.

The more recent projects:
Tidal power turbine owned by bankrupt company washes ashore on Brier Island | CBC News
Nova Scotia revokes Cape Sharp Tidal licence, orders company to retrieve turbine - Halifax | Globalnews.ca

The 2nd one, the province is now on the hook for recovering.

Back