Boy do I feel dumb

The national news says it’s okay to walk out of a store without paying for anything in your state. 😎 You obviously have an honest face. I bet they wrote the serial numbers down on your tanks and would have compared those numbers to previous purchases if they needed to. They probably weren’t too worried if you were a repeat customer.

We went to tractor supply. I had my 20 lb cylinders filled. Put them in the car and some lady asked about our FJ. We spoke a few minutes then went out seperate ways.

I left without paying for my propane!

I had to go back,tail between my legs and explain why I left without paying.

At least they didn't call the cops on me.
you got lucky. could've been a shoplifting case and if over 100$ - 2nd deg misdemeanor

We went to tractor supply. I had my 20 lb cylinders filled. Put them in the car and some lady asked about our FJ. We spoke a few minutes then went out seperate ways.

Bravo!

That's a class act. You may have gotten away with it, but ethics and morals prompted you to do the "right thing".
I respect folks for doing the right thing even if they might have succeeded otherwise.

It happens. When my kids were young and we used a stroller there were several occasions where we unintentionally shop lifted. The kids would put stuff in the stroller under the seat in a little cargo area. I remember at least 3 times taking things back into stores we accidentally left with. About 20 years ago my wife and I did the ol’ dine N dash without realizing it. Boy we felt bad. We were out of town and had dinner at a busy restaurant. We both used the restroom after eating and somehow each thought the other took care of the bill. Nope. We did however leave a tip on the table. Wasn’t until the next day we figured out we skipped out on the actual check.

This topic reinforces the reality that many people would do the opposite, just scam the store .

Those are the same folks that think it’s OK to hit & run, leave the scene of an accident not caring if the other party is hurt, or worse.

Yes, nowadays pcommendations are justified for the people doing the right thing of course.

But it’s a sad commentary that doing the right thing deserves a commendation as something being out of the ordinary.

Z

I have done that before. After a while you get used to feeling dumb

Last edited:
Most places that I go to for refills, I have to pay for the Propane first and show the receipt to the attendant.

It make me comforted that you went back and paid, Chris142.
I would think EVREYONE would do that - especially at store that you frequent.

But, I just now recalled a Husband and wife in an older Tahoe hit a retired female cop on a bicycle in my little town, then took off and hid. That is inexcusable.

Back