Why I don't go to the mall.

Wife wanted to get a book from Barnes and nobles. Went to the mall and proceeded to wander in.

While she shopped I went to D*ck's Sporting Goods. Guess I'm out of the loop cause D*ck's doesn't sell guns or ammo any more.

Nothing to see here so I went back to the book store,found wife,paid the bill and left.

Got to her car and there was cops everywhere 2 cars to our left. Guess a 2 nd class citizen and his girl got into a fight in the parking lot and security called the cops.

Now the cops had us blocked in. Finally after 45 minutes the car in front of us backed out so I was able to drive out forward..... Only to be met by a car that wanted that spot and she thought I was trying to steal it from here. I bullied my way out and got out finally.

I hate the mall.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the worst time of year to go to the mall. The mall walkers go early in the morning before everyone gets out of work, get a few laps in and buy what you want trouble free.

When I lived in northern New Jersey 20 years ago, there was a mall called Willowbrook. They proceeded to build office buildings around its perimeter. Around Christmas time, at 5 pm, it took close to an hour to leave the mall parking lot and get on the highway.

I now live in southern Vermont. The closest large mall, in Rutland, lost its anchor stores and shut down. When we have to shop for things like major appliances, we now go to family owned small businesses. And for small items not stocked at the local hardware store, its all online shopping. I don't miss the malls at all.

I like going to the mall with my wife a few times per year. There are two nice malls in Columbus, OH. Polaris and Easton Town Center, started by the old dude in Ohio that formed Victoria's Secrets, if you've heard that current pop song. 3 malls however have since closed.

Wife wanted to get a book from Barnes and nobles. Went to the mall and proceeded to wander in.

While she shopped I went to ****s. Guess I'm out of the loop cause ****s doesn't sell guns or ammo any more.

Nothing to see here so I went back to the book store,found wife,paid the bill and left.

Got to her car and there was cops everywhere 2 cars to our left. Guess a 2 nd class citizen and his girl got into a fight in the parking lot and security called the cops.

Now the cops had us blocked in. Finally after 45 minutes the car in front of us backed out so I was able to drive out forward..... Only to be met by a car that wanted that spot and she thought I was trying to steal it from here. I bullied my way out and got out finally.

I hate the mall.

There is a thing called the Internet-You can find any book. If it's a currently published book-there is this thing called a Library. My wife gets many of her "book club" books from the local Library. If the local branch doesn't have it-they get it from another-takes three days.

Going to the Mall at Christmas time is not great. The months before December they (malls) are usually ghost towns.

Have not gone in a while. Although Best Buy is in one, and if I need it now, I wil go into that.

I do miss being able to pick up an item and stare at it-although this year Christmas shopping was more hampered by not knowing what to get. Sometimes I get ideas from just walking the isles.

But no real loss for me. I avoid all stores when they are busy. Too easy to shop online.

While she shopped I went to ****s. Guess I'm out of the loop cause ****s doesn't sell guns or ammo any more.
Is Sears a dirty word now? This Westfield mall is 2 miles from home https://www.westfield.com/montgomery and is pretty busy most any time of year. Two dozen restaurants and movie theaters keep people coming back. Sears closed a few years ago, but other than that, you would never think malls are going out of style. Shopping online is great for auto parts, books, small electronics, but for a big screen TV, shoes, or clothing, you want to see, feel, touch, try on the merchandise before buying. Not buying pants off the internet when the sizes between manufacturers are variable and returning stuff that doesn't fit is a hassle and expensive.

I hate the mall. It’s so boring who enjoys shopping at a store like Belk or JcPenny. Maybe back in the day but not now. I am not interested in any place that doesn’t have tools or license plates or car or baseball related stuff. Here the ****’s sporting goods is detached from the mall it’s in a little strip mall right next to the mall. We don’t go there anymore anyway. They have baseball stuff but way over priced. I don’t like going where crowds are anyway.

Wait, there are still malls and people go to them?

Fox Valley Mall is close to where I live and I haven't been there for at least 15 years. It looks like a ghost town and the parking lot is being sold off to build condos. 25 years ago it was a happening place.

Last edited:
I have a bride that does all the mall shopping one could want.

I haven't stepped foot in one in years. There's really only one left in my area. Used to be a good 6 in a ~20 mile range.

Is Sears a dirty word now? This Westfield mall is 2 miles from home https://www.westfield.com/montgomery and is pretty busy most any time of year. Two dozen restaurants and movie theaters keep people coming back. Sears closed a few years ago, but other than that, you would never think malls are going out of style. Shopping online is great for auto parts, books, small electronics, but for a big screen TV, shoes, or clothing, you want to see, feel, touch, try on the merchandise before buying. Not buying pants off the internet when the sizes between manufacturers are variable and returning stuff that doesn't fit is a hassle and expensive.
LOL! Not Sears, he was referring to a sporting goods chain that begins with D and ends in ICKS.

I think malls revive every year during the holidays season; in between, well they are just dead for the most part

Back