Gotta find a new job.

I know you found another role turning wrenches. Now is the time to look for that career change and see what’s out there slowly and without stress of needing the job.
Every time I do any work on my cars, my respect for good mechanics goes way up. I've done the work I can to save a buck here and there over the years, but I've never really enjoyed it. I don't know how guys do auto repair for a living.

Now is the time to look for that career change and see what’s out there slowly and without stress of needing the job.
Sound advice.

I have a nephew in a similar situation.
No kids or house etc, but he also does a physically demanding job as a painter/carpenter.
I can understand the physical strain it puts on his body, but it's difficult trying to explain to him that despite only being 30, his body won't work the same at 35 or 40....he just wants the next stimulant that'll get him working again.

At that point, all I can do is hope the best for him and help him where I can.
Some folks just don't care to listen to logic or reason, regardless of how often you tell 'em.
🤷‍♂️

Sound advice.

I have a nephew in a similar situation.
No kids or house etc, but he also does a physically demanding job as a painter/carpenter.
I can understand the physical strain it puts on his body, but it's difficult trying to explain to him that despite only being 30, his body won't work the same at 35 or 40....he just wants the next stimulant that'll get him working again.

At that point, all I can do is hope the best for him and help him where I can.
Some folks just don't care to listen to logic or reason, regardless of how often you tell 'em.
🤷‍♂️

I think it's the same for every generation. When you're young, you don't think that someday you might have aches and pains from abusing your body in your youth. You are also unlikely to listen to your elders who try to impart that wisdom upon you.

Then with some luck, you reach those older years, and realize that what you were told was right. So now YOU are the one trying to impart that wisdom, with the same results...

I had to quit my job maintaining the construction equipment. Without getting too deep into things they had a management change and due to that I had to quit to keep my sanity.

I got terrible anxiety as well as other health issues from the management change so I loaded my stuff up last Friday and brought it all home.

Kinda took last week off to unwind. I have a couple of leads on another job but nothing in stone yet. I do have an interview the 21st at a much better paying job but it's a little farther away than I want. Don't think I should pass it up,I'll make it work somehow if i get it.

Kinda feel like a bum not working. I did detail the cars,clean the garage and rode my quad as part of me trying to wind down from the problems the last employer has.

Here is the FJ. I stripped the seats out to clean it.

I'm not made of money so I do need to go job looking. Wife wants me to find something easy and close to home like tractor supply. LoL
I've been looking for a while. I'm tired of security and trying to get back into something aviation related. Plus the company I currently work for was just bought out. I feel your pain.

Every time I do any work on my cars, my respect for good mechanics goes way up. I've done the work I can to save a buck here and there over the years, but I've never really enjoyed it. I don't know how guys do auto repair for a living.
I enjoy certain repairs. I especially enjoy troubleshooting and diagnostics. It's like solving a puzzle.

I'm very lucky to have supportive management at my job. Management making things more stressful than they need to be or being toxic is a horrible situation.

$100k in LA is just above poverty level. Too bad you had to leave before finding something else. My experience has been it's easier to find a new job when you have a job. Good luck (y)

You were talking about moving out of the area a while ago.
Not to mention the misery of living in LA. It takes a toll mentally.

I've been looking for a while. I'm tired of security and trying to get back into something aviation related. Plus the company I currently work for was just bought out. I feel your pain.

What part of the country are you in ?
Your background / degree in ?
Wife willing to move ?
Career change ?
Pay wanted ?
Age ?

Are you still enjoying the new job? I'm glad I got away from mechanicing when I did, back in the day. Body suffers from it.

Back