Gotta find a new job.

I had to quit my job maintaining the construction equipment. Without getting too deep into things they had a management change and due to that I had to quit to keep my sanity.

I got terrible anxiety as well as other health issues from the management change so I loaded my stuff up last Friday and brought it all home.

Kinda took last week off to unwind. I have a couple of leads on another job but nothing in stone yet. I do have an interview the 21st at a much better paying job but it's a little farther away than I want. Don't think I should pass it up,I'll make it work somehow if i get it.

Kinda feel like a bum not working. I did detail the cars,clean the garage and rode my quad as part of me trying to wind down from the problems the last employer has.

Here is the FJ. I stripped the seats out to clean it.

I'm not made of money so I do need to go job looking. Wife wants me to find something easy and close to home like tractor supply. LoL

Attachments

• IMG_20231105_101007188.jpg
    IMG_20231105_101007188.jpg
    183 KB · Views: 183
Good luck. I‘m not sure I would trust all I could find on youtube about job hunting, but some research there while writing your resume can’t hurt.

Chris, get a job with whatever transportation system there is in your area. If they have a defined pension plan jump on it. I bounced around for years but always got vested. Railroad, air freight, transit bus into and out of Manhattan. I’m 72 and believe me, you’ll need checks in the mail instead of tools in the toolbox when you get older.

I did 30 years with this employer, cant beat Railroad Retirement.
27 jobs in California currently.

LA has this posted

HEAVY DUTY EQUIPMENT MECHANIC 3743 B (Revised 10-31-23)

• CITY OF LOS ANGELES, CA
  • FULL-TIME - $99,973.00 - $116,928.00 Annually
  • Category: Miscellaneous
  • Department: ALL DEPARTMENTS
ANNUAL SALARY $99,973 (flat-rated) The salary in the Department of Water and Power is $114,547 (flat-rated) or $116,928 (flat-rated). NOTES : For information regarding reciprocity between the City of Los Angeles departments and LADWP, go to: http://per.lacity.org/Reciprocity_CityDepts_and_DWP.pdf. Candidates from the eligible list are nor

Good luck Chris, whatever you choose! I can understand the frustration of management for sure. I was a mechanic for years, then spent 12 years as Service Manager of a John Deere Dealership. Then we got a horse's behind as the General Manager and I had enough.
So I had electrical, mechanical, hydraulics and all the stuff for a background. Obviously also customer skills. So I job searched, and ended up in something totally new to me.

Got hired on as technical support, at major player in the gambling market. I knew nothing about their machines what so ever. But I'm a pretty quick learner on that stuff, so with the help of a factory tech, I picked it up fast. Biggest thing to learn was all the software changes over the years! I worked there until retiring a couple years ago. 18 Years at the place and ended up Senior Tech Support, after a few years and ran the department. Best choice of my life and still friend's with a bunch of folks from there. The pay was an increase as well.

well I quit my job pretty abruptly too this week. Was hauling frac sand. It was great money but terrible hours and little concern for drivers well being.

I found a job just before I quit. Days only,my own hotel room every night out in the field(instead of sleeping in the truck) and a bit of labour helping to run casing with an opportunity to learn drilling equipment. It should be fun. Might be less money but the pros outweigh the cons for me.

If you're not already doing so, I'd recommend signing up on LinkedIn. Lots of valuable tools on their site for the job hunt including a free resume builder.

Back