BMW M Track Day - M cars are impressive

Discs warped on track events like these are likely due to people getting the discs red hot then pulling into the pits for a driver swap. Disc then gets too hot in one place (pads holding heat into disc) so warp. If people did a cool down lap first this wouldn’t happen.
One day at Putnam Park I was giving rides to students during the instrutor session in my Club Sport. I pulled into the pits to pick up another student and the white flag was thrown and I couldnt go back out. One front rotor ended up with a huge hot spot; the vibration was so severe that I thought that a front rotor was cracked.

I hate buffered gauges. The C43 only shows oil temps for the engine and transmission, but as best I can tell they are reportingthe actual temperatures.

Not sure if anyone here did the ultimate driving experience which was free of charge, back in 2006 when the E90's came out. They told me that the tires are replaced every 50 miles. I said oh 500? Instructor said no, 50. Those RE050A's were expensive but Bridgestone was a sponsor. Amazing how those free events are gone. BMW would bring an A4 FWD lol to make the E90 seem really great, which it was. And also a G35 AWD. All the E90s were RWD. Then the Susan Komen events, can't even say how many I did with my wife. We even drove the Alpina B7. M3 stick was out of commission then permanently removed from the tour.

The best free event ever, was Porsche in 2015. We drove every car including the 991 GTS. They said you can press any button you want in the vehicles. But should you take off the PSM, you can explain to the other drivers why the event has been shut down for the day. Also we were not allowed to pass. I was stuck driving the GTS with a grandma driver in the Carrera S in front of me, so tempting to blow her dang doors in.

#no10and2

let's bring back free events, and cheap health care!

:ROFLMAO:

My son and I participated in an M Day at Kentucky Speedway; one event was lapping the oval in 8 Series coupes. I knew one of the instructors so we took off and practically lapped the field before we had to back off. Later both my son and I wound up stuck behind some really timid bed wetters and we couldn’t even reach 120 mph.

Not sure if anyone here did the ultimate driving experience which was free of charge, back in 2006 when the E90's came out. They told me that the tires are replaced every 50 miles. I said oh 500? Instructor said no, 50. Those RE050A's were expensive but Bridgestone was a sponsor. Amazing how those free events are gone. BMW would bring an A4 FWD lol to make the E90 seem really great, which it was. And also a G35 AWD. All the E90s were RWD. Then the Susan Komen events, can't even say how many I did with my wife. We even drove the Alpina B7. M3 stick was out of commission then permanently removed from the tour.

The best free event ever, was Porsche in 2015. We drove every car including the 991 GTS. They said you can press any button you want in the vehicles. But should you take off the PSM, you can explain to the other drivers why the event has been shut down for the day. Also we were not allowed to pass. I was stuck driving the GTS with a grandma driver in the Carrera S in front of me, so tempting to blow her dang doors in.

#no10and2

let's bring back free events, and cheap health care!

:ROFLMAO:
If you want to change anything for event like that is tires. But they don’t. You want to sell cars. People want THAT. If they drive on stock tires, they will drive on stock brakes. Racing brakes without racing tires are useless.
And 50mls on M3 is probably going to chip that tire where it is prudent to replace it for audience that comes.

My M2 CS came with a free full M School day. Being in LA I went to the Thermal track, what a fun time! I've been to driving schools so it was a bit 101 for me but still always good to sharpen the skill set, we had the F87 M2 for AutoX, the recent M5 for skidpad, and the current M3 for the high-speed circuit.

I was POUNDING on the M3 Comp, 150 mph in the straights and full braking lap after lap, it had carbon brakes. For a car straight from the factory, it's very capable, even with the less desirable Continental tires it sported as they are a sponsor. This was in 100-degree heat and A/C on, ever since the last gen S55 powered cars, BMW's cooling system is AMAZING. You can't even have them break a sweat. I could happily drain a few fuel tanks at Thermal Raceway and the car feels like it wouldn't miss a beat.

The finale is having the instructor take your group out and drift until they blow a tire, that was hilariously fun! Highly recommend the class for any car nuts.

IMG_0055.jpg

IMG_0051.jpg

IMG_2688.JPG

Back