Black is the silliest car color - prove me wrong

No contest I think as to which color is more revealing of the car's beauty

Porsche-Blues-Gear-Patrol-Lead-Featured.jpg
5ec285e8191824518e4276f4

It's fine if you don't like the color black on vehicles - I happen to love black and own several black vehicles. I do not see any body lines or styling being hidden by the color of the paint. Just my opinion doesn't make anybody right or wrong.
When I have been gone for weeks - some guy picks me up in a GORGEOUS black Suburban because you guys have raised Escalades out of reach - so limo companies now buy Burbs 😷

Black is stealthy. It also goes with anything from a dark dress to a shirt with a floral pattern and even a morning robe or bodysuit. I'm not judging your outfit but I will notice if it clashes with your vehicle's color scheme. 🤨

Nothing beat black when it's clean and shined up. I have and had many black vehicles along with many other colors except red.
Silver hides road dirt the best. Pearl tri coats are a bear to touch up.
With today's black plastic trims black paint hides those parts best.
C7 and C8 'vettes are ugly in any other color except black as it hides the funky black plastic for example IMO.
No mattes for me, reminds me of riding around in black primer waiting to afford a paint job.

My Lexus GS is black. So was my last Volvo. The Volvo was *cheap* and everything I wanted, so figured I’d live with the color. Cleaned up in person, it was beautiful. It was serious, it was “hidden” and sort of “didn’t advertise.” But at the same time when clean looked quiet and stately. It was small enough that the occasional bath wasn’t a problem.

so I bought the Lexus, which only comes in 3 colors, also in black. i got tired of white and blue cars, so I just couldn’t do white again. The GS looks funny in silver, but it would probably look great in a color or in charcoal. But silly to my eye in silver. So black it is. The interior is also black, which I simply don’t care for. But in those years, Toyota’s tan interior color was very yellow and was surprisingly putrid to my eye, so black it was. Their newer interior tan is excellent though, and I was picky enough to trade for color, well, the chance is not zero, with other factors added in.

Question for the collective: if you found a used car that checked all or most of your important boxes and was priced well but it was black would you buy it?

I didn't think I would but I did.
yeah i would get a black car if it's what I want in every other way, but I would pay a little more for a white one.

Question for the collective: if you found a used car that checked all or most of your important boxes and was priced well but it was black would you buy it?

I didn't think I would but I did.
I've pondered this very question many times. I think the answer is maybe. Only after I had given up on finding a car that checked all my boxes, including preferred color. If I'm going to put up with all the hassle involved in maintaining a dark colored car, I just as well get something that is truly screams beauty.

2017-mercedes-benz-s550-ruby-black-metallic.png

2017-mercedes-benz-s550-lunar-blue-metallic.png

But yea, I would compromise with a black car. But the price would definitely have to be right. So for me, the resale value of a black car is lower. They are simply way to plentiful. That puts the resale of the rarer colors much higher.

I find it somewhat entertaining that this discussion points out a major flaw in the logic of many people that I know, who are huge black car fans. They are under the impression that everyone thinks their black cars are absolutely stunning. If those here on this discussion are a fair representation of the population, that impression is far from true.

I've pondered this very question many times. I think the answer is maybe. Only after I had given up on finding a car that checked all my boxes, including preferred color. If I'm going to put up with all the hassle involved in maintaining a dark colored car, I just as well get something that is truly screams beauty.

2017-mercedes-benz-s550-ruby-black-metallic.png

2017-mercedes-benz-s550-lunar-blue-metallic.png

But yea, I would compromise with a black car. But the price would definitely have to be right. So for me, the resale value of a black car is lower. They are simply way to plentiful. That puts the resale of the rarer colors much higher.

I find it somewhat entertaining that this discussion points out a major flaw in the logic of many people that I know, who are huge black car fans. They are under the impression that everyone thinks their black cars are absolutely stunning. If those here on this discussion are a fair representation of the population, that impression is far from true.
So, why should I care what anyone else thinks about the color of my car?

I didn’t buy it to please, or impress, them.

That would include the OP. I’m not going to waste my time trying to “prove“ him wrong.

One of my brothers bought a new black car and kept it for many years. He averaged a little more than one accident per year. One woman that came over to the lane that he was in and hit his car with the side of her car said that she never saw him there. When he got rid of that car he said he will never own another black car for the rest of his life.

One of my brothers bought a new black car and kept it for many years. He averaged a little more than one accident per year. One woman that came over to the lane that he was in and hit his car with the side of her car said that she never saw him there. When he got rid of that car he said he will never own another black car for the rest of his life.
He could get a nose ring. Then she'd notice him.

So, why should I care what anyone else thinks about the color of my car?

I didn’t buy it to please, or impress, them.

That would include the OP. I’m not going to waste my time trying to “prove“ him wrong.

Agreed. I buy what I like. If someone else also likes it, and compliments me, that's nice. But not important.

Back