Black is the silliest car color - prove me wrong

My observation is that 95% of cars on the road are either black, white, grey or red. Seriously, take a look next time. 4 colors.
We were walking the dogs the other day on a trail that looked down on an intersection and this was our exact observation except it was 100% those 4 colors, laughed about it. 30 or more cars in view.

Agree - Black one smashes that sissy blue …

Perhaps I would agree with you, but I can’t make out black car’s details. It looks like one large black blob. If not for the stainless roll bar, I wouldn’t even notice that Targa.

We've owned several black vehicles. Them getting super hot isn't much of an issue in the GWN for most of the year (except the heat of the summer, but remote start runs the AC and cooled seats are awesome).

Oldest to newest:
View attachment 146849
View attachment 146850
View attachment 146851
View attachment 146859
View attachment 146860

Your post just reinforces my point - thanks! That Cherokee with black wheels is nigh invisible. Non of its curves are rally visible. Basically a black blob with red calipers - in my opinion. That ram in your driveway looks like a glimpse of a ghost man 😁. I get that to each his own and your choice is your choice and so on. But just saying

Perhaps I would agree with you, but I can’t make out black car’s details. It looks like one large black blob. If not for the stainless roll bar, I wouldn’t even notice that Targa.
Blob ? Okay …

6CB1A7BD-ED58-49F9-B2EC-F87C22AE6BD6.jpg

So, why should I care what anyone else thinks about the color of my car?

I didn’t buy it to please, or impress, them.

That would include the OP. I’m not going to waste my time trying to “prove“ him wrong.

No need to get upset then. But just in case, I think you’ve missed it: it’s not about what color one likes, it’s about black color hiding curves, lines, and stampings that designers worked on and which, presumably, played a role in one selecting a car. It’s totally fine to say: yeah, I like my car more when it’s original figure is somewhat covered/camouflaged or: I don’t care about it’s looks, or: I just want an invisible car and so on

silver rims, red trims/lights, perfect lighting so the reflection shows the curves. black does look good in certain situations, but usually it's boring and shapeless.

You are cherry picking and this photo was massaged by an Adobe software. Take a picture of a black car on your phone or better yet through some of of people’s posts of their black cars
No - just playing with your SILLY thread - Adios …
BTW - posted a Lamborghini taken from my phone in MEL …

One of my brothers bought a new black car and kept it for many years. He averaged a little more than one accident per year. One woman that came over to the lane that he was in and hit his car with the side of her car said that she never saw him there. When he got rid of that car he said he will never own another black car for the rest of his life.

Lo-lo-lollll. Imagine planking down $130k on an Audi RS6 avant, or a corvette or something similar and then choosing it in black so that the car is invisible 😄. Black works on porky vehicles though, like an Escalade. Or a speedster in a Honda accord v6 or something similar

Your post just reinforces my point - thanks! That Cherokee with black wheels is nigh invisible. Non of its curves are rally visible. Basically a black blob with red calipers - in my opinion. That ram in your driveway looks like a glimpse of a ghost man 😁. I get that to each his own and your choice is your choice and so on. But just saying
Maybe you need your vision checked? lol

Black can look great. Black cars, like any other color car, reflect light that creates tones that range from black to white depending on the viewing angle. Highlights will accentuate shapes and angles more when compared to lighter colors. It's just not the safest color at night - unless you are trying to escape with your lights turned off. A personal preference is just that.

I don’t like black because it is overused. Just like white and grey, black is vapid to me due to prolonged exposure. Familiarity breeds contempt? Yes it does.

I prefer unique colors that stand out. It separates the owner from the crowd. Neon greens, orange orange, teal, violet, candy reds, metallic blue, bring them back.

I don’t like black because it is overused. Just like white and grey, black is vapid to me due to prolonged exposure. Familiarity breeds contempt? Yes it does.

I prefer unique colors that stand out. It separates the owner from the crowd. Neon greens, orange orange, teal, violet, candy reds, metallic blue, bring them back.
I am a sucker for Chrysler’s metallic orange…. I wish it was offered when I bought my truck.

C7A07C2C-041B-486A-8EF5-DF511D92E012.jpeg

Back