Best Priced Value cordless impact gun?

I'd like to get a battery cordless 1/2" impact gun to remove lawn mower blades and car lug nuts. Of course I'll use it for other things. I have a 40 yr. old Milwaukee corded impact gun but I'm getting tired of hooking up the extension cord. Plus on the side I repair mowers and blowers from home, cord is a nuisance to run, trip over, set up, take down, for ONE mower blade; then sometimes there's house service calls, no cord available; and yesterday my wife got a flat on the road.

I have Ryobi 18v tools.

How many ft. lbs. would I need to remove lug nuts?

What's the best value for the buck? Should I be looking at Ryobi, HF Earthquake or other HF, another brand?

If you already have Ryobi batteries then check these out.
The half inch will take take 100lb lug nut's off and should take your lawn mower blades off. It won't do 300lbs as advertised. I own both, and my guestomation is between 150 to 200 foot lbs for the half inch. For $99.00 I think it's a good deal.

The half inch will take take 100lb lug nut's off and should take your lawn mower blades off. It won't do 300lbs as advertised. I own both, and my guestomation is between 150 to 200 foot lbs for the half inch. For $99.00 I think it's a good deal.
https://www.homedepot.com/p/RYOBI-O...I'm keeping 2 and selling the rest. [/QUOTE]

Something screwed up.

Ryobi deal is with 1/2" impact gun and a impact driver. I have 7 Ryobi impact drivers I picked up for cheap, keeping 2, selling 5 for cheap.

Reactions: JC1
I've had a lower-end Ryobi for about 5 years that I purchased this time of year along with an impact driver for the same $99 price tag. It's been used almost exclusively for lug nuts but it's been a great tool, especially for the price. Zero regrets.

Earthquake from Harbor Freight they are amazing or Milwaukee those are good too. I know a lot of people that like Porter Cable and Makita as well but not sure if they have bigger impacts. But I’ve used the Harbor Freight Earthquake and they have been recommended by several mechanics and I have Porter Cable too. Both great.

I ended up buying the Ridgid cordless impact with 2 batteries for $150 online with Home depot a couple months back. I love it. It has a LOT of power. Too much for tightening bolts/nuts. But it is great for removing stubborn nuts/bolts. I don't really ever use an impact for installation anyways. Only for removal.

I think that depends on the battery you're using. They have some new 4 amp hour batteries that give you twice the current that the old 4 amp hour batteries had. If you're using some weaker 1.5 or 2 amp hour battery, yeah, I can see it not having the full rated power. Same with the Milwaukee, they also have regular batteries and high output batteries.

Stick with the Ryobi since you already have the batteries/chargers. The 1/2 is plenty for lug nuts unless you drive a big truck. In fact I usually use the 3/8 Ryobi for lug nuts torqued to 100 lb ft. They also have a new HP line but I haven't tried them. Regardless, it is worth getting the 4 Ah battery as @Wolf359 mentioned...lots of power and lasts a long time.

-1 on Milwaukee 2767. I've used it maybe 20 times and it's getting weaker and weaker and weaker. I can make it stop and hammer grabbing it with my hand. I sent them a message today we'll see what happens because it's two years old

I don't have a 1/2 cordless yet but I'm in the market as well.

I do have 20v Dewalt 3/8 impact and drive and also a drill so I will be getting a Dewalt half inch.

I've been pretty impressed with Dewalt power tools thus far

-1 on Milwaukee 2767. I've used it maybe 20 times and it's getting weaker and weaker and weaker. I can make it stop and hammer grabbing it with my hand. I sent them a message today we'll see what happens because it's two years old
An impact wrench needs something solid to work against in order to generate the high torque for bolt loosening. It cannot generate this torque against something loose or springy (like your hand). The hammer will stay locked onto the anvil and the wrench simply rotates like a drill. Only when it encounters solid resistance (like a lug nut) will the hammer disengage from the anvil and start delivering multiple high speed rotational impacts against the anvil, exchanging its momentum for high torque at the drive end.
In my opinion, it sounds like a discharged battery "it's getting weaker and weaker and weaker".
Good Luck

Makita is very good but not the cheapest. Powerful and light. Mine have been very reliable.

batteries (star?) are also interchangeable so I buy the same brand if I need a new toy. That's one thing to consider if you care or are planning to expand ... I like the idea of having 1 charger and 2 or 3 batteries for all my tools and not dealing with 5 different chargers and 10 different batteries ....

Back