Anyone need a new cordless 1/2" impact wrench?

I've been using various HF corded impact wrenches and been pretty impressed with them, but always wanted an 18V cordless that was powerful enough to do heavy work. My neighbor has the high torque 18V and it's a beast, and will easily do suspension work, but at well over $300 it's a bit more than I want to pay for occasional use. Fast forward and I'm looking around on facebook market place, and I saw a Rigid 86211 18V 1/2" impact wrench which has slightly more power than the Milwaukee and has six modes. So, it arrived today, and I've been trying it out on lug nuts and suspension parts, and it is a beast too. On auto mode one, it will loosen lug nuts in just a two seconds or so, and will stop immediately when the nut spins free, a further release and pull of the trigger will back the nut off at a slower reasonable speed, not blast it off and spin it across the room. When you tighten in mode one, the lug nut will snug down and then I can use a torque wrench to run it up to 83 lb/ft. Fantastic. On straight out full power, it would loosen 15 year old 15/16" strut/suspension bolts like they were threaded in butter. This is the best impact wrench I've seen.
This was advertised on facebook marketplace for $200 plus $17 shipping, new, with case, charger, 4Ah Max output battery and of course the impact itself. I've never ordered much on facebook, but I got great communication, tracking and it arrived in just a few days from FL to WV, so if you do a search, you'll find it. You won't be sorry.

You might have a hard time getting the Lifetime Warranty unless he is an authorized reseller. But its great to hear that the tool lives up to the reputation.

I've been using various HF corded impact wrenches and been pretty impressed with them, but always wanted an 18V cordless that was powerful enough to do heavy work. My neighbor has the high torque 18V and it's a beast, and will easily do suspension work, but at well over $300 it's a bit more than I want to pay for occasional use. Fast forward and I'm looking around on facebook market place, and I saw a Rigid 86211 18V 1/2" impact wrench which has slightly more power than the Milwaukee and has six modes. So, it arrived today, and I've been trying it out on lug nuts and suspension parts, and it is a beast too. On auto mode one, it will loosen lug nuts in just a two seconds or so, and will stop immediately when the nut spins free, a further release and pull of the trigger will back the nut off at a slower reasonable speed, not blast it off and spin it across the room. When you tighten in mode one, the lug nut will snug down and then I can use a torque wrench to run it up to 83 lb/ft. Fantastic. On straight out full power, it would loosen 15 year old 15/16" strut/suspension bolts like they were threaded in butter. This is the best impact wrench I've seen.
This was advertised on facebook marketplace for $200 plus $17 shipping, new, with case, charger, 4Ah Max output battery and of course the impact itself. I've never ordered much on facebook, but I got great communication, tracking and it arrived in just a few days from FL to WV, so if you do a search, you'll find it. You won't be sorry.
More power than the Milwaukee M18 Fuel high torque impact wrench? Really?

They may be buying multi pack cordless combos and splitting them up. Got a 1/2 Dewalt impact at a really good price this summer from an Amazon third party seller. Could be the same situation.

Before you buy watch this channel

I'd rather buy a 60 or 80 dollar Chinese made impact that outperforms the crap sold at home depot

I'd rather buy a 60 or 80 dollar Chinese made impact that outperforms the crap sold at home depot

Home depot sells milwaukee big impact stuff in 12v and 18v.. that stuff beats any cheap stuff from amazon.

l'm looking for a cheap closeout price on the DeWalt DCF899 bare tool, no one seems to be closing them out though.

Use whatever works for you. I have had good luck with the Dewalt XR and Atomic stuff, but I know people that like the Rigid stuff from Home Depot also. The Dewalt Atomic 3/8 impact has a lot of power in a very small size. Great for hard to get into places. The Dewalt High Torque 1/2 in is expensive, but it will take most anything off. They aren't that expensive if you look for sales and all share the same batteries.

Last edited:
I'm not a pro mechanic, just work on my own stuff. I've got a Dewalt 1/2" 18V that I've had for a very long time, long enough to have to replace both batteries. It makes changing mower blades a snap and has been very handy. It isn't as powerful as the modern stuff though and won't do what my air impact will, but still very useful.

No you wouldn't. The performance stats are deceiving. I bought a Harbor Freight 1/2" gun two years ago (Earthquake XT). It was supposed to have the most torque of all the brands, and it did initially. Fast forward through a year and a half of light homeowner use and it would barely remove lug nuts with a fully charged battery.

I also recommend only buying tools from a platform where you can have multiple tools share the same battery. I have mostly DeWalt, with some Milwaukee M12 sprinkled in (ratchets, a right angle grinder, and a grease gun). This means I only need two battery chargers, and can share batteries across most of my tools which is much easier.

just ordered a Makita XWT14Z from Amaz, $150 without battery + thinking they were $200 ish a while ago, having several 18V Maks that use the same battery is great + 2 generic 6.0A for $60 is a nice price + they work as i already have them!!

Back