Cordless, Compact Impact Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for all the feedback, guys.

I went to Lowes and Home Depot over the weekend and handled every impact driver they had on display; Lowes even had 5 different ones on end cap displays where you could drive ~2" wood screws into boards. (Home depot had a similar setup but all the drivers on the demo tables had dead batteries)

I liked the DeWalt DCF887 OK...
But the Bosch IDH182 felt wonderful in my hand. I loved the balance, the feel of the grip, and it was much more comfortable for me than the rest when driving screws.
I also tested their Porter-Cable, Hitachi, and Kobalt impact drivers; the Porter-Cable actually felt really good. The Hitachi felt OK. Didn't care for the Kobalt at all.

So, I ordered a kit with the IDH182.

I went back and forth on the DeWalt. It is a really good driver, great specs, well thought out, but in the end it just came down to the balance/feel of the Bosch. Totally a personal preference thing.

Probably will end up with a dedicated 18v impact wrench at some point too; the Bosch bare impact wrenches are a little more expensive then the competition but not altogether unreasonable, so I'll just keep my eyes open for a good deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back