Corded Electric Impact

So this is one that had the square drive for the plug then? That’s what I am understanding and that sucks lol. I always try to avoid the impacts on this stuff but it was worth a try.
Yes then entire plug is like the threads of a large bolt with no head with a 3/8 drive cut into it. I'm not sure if this diff has ever been serviced, its either got 14 years of corrosion freezing it in place or someone serviced it and put some strong thread locker on it.

Yes then entire plug is like the threads of a large bolt with no head with a 3/8 drive cut into it. I'm not sure if this diff has ever been serviced, its either got 14 years of corrosion freezing it in place or someone serviced it and put some strong thread locker on it.
Yeah do Orange it’s the strength of red but removable with hand tools.

Took me 5 tries on my old RAV4 to get the rear diff fill plug out. Breaker bars didn't do it. They just flexed. I hammered in a hex "socket" and got my cordless impact. After about 30 ugga ugggas it broke loose with a small cloud of dust smoke.

I think there might be some meat left in the hex, I think I mostly rounded off the edge, I bought a can off CRC freeze penetrant oil, So I might try that and my little cordless again if I can still get a bite

I think there might be some meat left in the hex, I think I mostly rounded off the edge, I bought a can off CRC freeze penetrant oil, So I might try that and my little cordless again if I can still get a bite
That Freeze Off is good stuff. Should do nicely for you. I am guess you don’t have a torch or anything otherwise I’d suggest heating it.

I could get a tourch but I'd also need to really heavily degrease the area around it.
Yeah don’t want a grease fire lol. Sorry I misread earlier about maybe someone used strong thread locker on it I was walking the dog and read it as maybe I’ll try a strong thread locker lol.

Back