Best Priced Value cordless impact gun?

An impact wrench needs something solid to work against in order to generate the high torque for bolt loosening. It cannot generate this torque against something loose or springy (like your hand). The hammer will stay locked onto the anvil and the wrench simply rotates like a drill. Only when it encounters solid resistance (like a lug nut) will the hammer disengage from the anvil and start delivering multiple high speed rotational impacts against the anvil, exchanging its momentum for high torque at the drive end.
In my opinion, it sounds like a discharged battery "it's getting weaker and weaker and weaker".
Good Luck
I started having instances where I could not get a bolt to turn. One time it was a lower control arm under the car. Another time more recently it was a strut bolt. I didn't think about it at the time but in both instances clearance was an issue. So I couldn't physically push on the impact. It removed other bolts in the same location. But not all. So is it possible that I needed more leverage on the impact on the bolt? Also I let the battery run way down and now going to charge it again which I haven't done before.

I spent a little more and went with Makita, they're great tools. Having said that my air tools still get more use.

I just cashed in some AMEX points for some Home Depot gift cards and purchased this combo last Friday. I haven't used it yet. Just charged the batteries but I believe it will suit my purposes here at the house just fine. I do wish it had come with lager capacity batteries but they can be easily added later. $139 plus tax for the combo.

I was hoping to get a Makita Brushless 1/2” impact wrench to go with the batteries and charger from my Makita drill.
The price, even on sale, never came down enough for me to justify it.
Ended up grabbing the $99 Ryobi. Works fine on everything so far, including removing my 76ft-lb lug nuts.
I like the three bulb lighting better than the Makita single light, which is mostly useless.
It’s good enough for this weekend hack mechanic.

Bought our son a Ryobi 18v. It has three impact settings and works great. I got it for him on his birthday and it came with 2 4 amp batteries and a charger and I think it had a 3yr warranty. I have an older Craftsman that is good for many things but it tops out at 175 Ft Lbs. The Ryobi does 350.

I tried my Craftsman on a O2 sensor I couldn't get off with wrenches. Spayed it with plenty of PB. Impact took that sensor out like nothing else. You might want to try yours for that too.

Back