Anyone need a new cordless 1/2" impact wrench?

I've been using various HF corded impact wrenches and been pretty impressed with them, but always wanted an 18V cordless that was powerful enough to do heavy work. My neighbor has the high torque 18V and it's a beast, and will easily do suspension work, but at well over $300 it's a bit more than I want to pay for occasional use. Fast forward and I'm looking around on facebook market place, and I saw a Rigid 86211 18V 1/2" impact wrench which has slightly more power than the Milwaukee and has six modes. So, it arrived today, and I've been trying it out on lug nuts and suspension parts, and it is a beast too. On auto mode one, it will loosen lug nuts in just a two seconds or so, and will stop immediately when the nut spins free, a further release and pull of the trigger will back the nut off at a slower reasonable speed, not blast it off and spin it across the room. When you tighten in mode one, the lug nut will snug down and then I can use a torque wrench to run it up to 83 lb/ft. Fantastic. On straight out full power, it would loosen 15 year old 15/16" strut/suspension bolts like they were threaded in butter. This is the best impact wrench I've seen.
This was advertised on facebook marketplace for $200 plus $17 shipping, new, with case, charger, 4Ah Max output battery and of course the impact itself. I've never ordered much on facebook, but I got great communication, tracking and it arrived in just a few days from FL to WV, so if you do a search, you'll find it. You won't be sorry.
I just picked up the Ridgid high torque
R86212 with 2, 4ah batteries and charger for $229.00.
Yours has more advertised torque than mine, but they said, in actual use,
The older R86211, and the newer R86212 are actually pretty close to one another.
The new R86212 is said to be a bit lighter too.

Back