Auto RX questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
And Trajan you need to notice that somebody can make a mistake and mistype a letter. Reading over my own post I realize that I misspelled 'need.' I spelled it 'nned.' Nobody is perfect. If I misspelled d00df00d's user name I am sure it was an accident.

Originally Posted By: Mystic
And everybody here-regardless what you may think of me personally. I want you to compare my behavior with that of sprintman. Do an honest and fair comparison.

I am not going to act like a child and start calling somebody silly names. I can talk like a man.

Your postings in this thread would indicate otherwise.

Dang badtlc, do you want to look silly also? When did I call anybody here some goofy name? Anybody can make a comparison badtlc between what I have said here and what sprintman has said. All they have to do is go read the posts.

Dang badtlc, do you want to look silly also? When did I call anybody here some goofy name? Anybody can make a comparison badtlc between what I have said here and what sprintman has said. All they have to do is go read the posts.

You are no better. Sorry someone had to break the news to you. Should we go through your posts where you call for tests from BITOG type folks, they are provided to you, and then you throw them out because they weren't what you wanted? Your agenda is just as obvious as sprintman.

Well, I have not called people silly names, and I have not attacked people personally. And you know that, or if you don't know that then you should read my posts without your agenda influencing what you read.

I really feel the best solution might be to see if we can get discussion on Auto-RX, Kreen, and MMO all banned. I am seriously thinking about speaking to moderators and Helen here to see what they think about that. There is too much silly fighting taking place when these three engine cleaners are discussed. You notice I said all three? I am willing to sacrifice discussions on Kreen and MMO to have discussions about Auto-RX banned also.

It seems there can't be a discussion here on any of these without there being a battle between the pro-Auto-RX people and the pro-Kreen and pro-MMO people.

When I come to this Oil Additives Section I wan to be able to read posts about various engine cleaners and oil supplements and not have to fight with somebody. I want to see a person be able to discuss their personal experience with ANY PRODUCT, including Auto-RX, Kreen, or MMO, and not see personal attacks on the person talking about whatever product they are talking about.

We can't find out about any of these products if people are not allowed to freely discuss their personal experiences with various products. Go back and see how I treated a guy who said he had positive results with Auto-RX. Read what I said without your agenda. I did not attack that guy. I said that is what we needed-free discussion about products without personal attacks. Exactly how can anybody argue with that? That guy talked about Auto-RX right here in this post. I did not attack him.

How come people can't discuss MMO and Kreen without some sort of drama?

This thread hasn't been locked yet????????????? That's odd seeing the path it has taken, similar to so many threads that were locked in the past.

It will be locked soon probably. Before it is locked I want to ask everybody these questions. What is wrong with the free discussion of products? What is wrong with somebody coming here and telling us his personal experience with whatever product he has used? What is the purpose of the Oil Additives Section? How is anything achieved with people arguing and attacking each other?

A couple of comments I'd like to make from a new-users perspective:

1. Personally, I think a ban would be a disservice to those, like myself, who come in here looking for information. I've been an avid reader of this site for many years and believe myself to be far more knowledgable via the info I've gleened from reading through the posts. I recently joined/participated because of an issue that developed on one of the vehicles in my driveway.

2. Demarpaint's personal experience with MMO and more recent testing with Kreen (along with many other posters) provided me with some positive testimony that I chose to investigate further. I researched these products outside of BITOG and now feel that I can make a more informed decision as to my next move

3. Of course, in reading these posts and those on other sites, people felt threatened or slighted when their testimony was disputed... I don't think anyone comes in to these sites looking for a fight but it's amazing to me how quickly a good posting degenerates into a **** measuring contest: "I'm right". "No, you're not right... I'm right". "Oh yeah? Prove it..." "I don't have to prove anything to you"

I hate to admit it, but on some level this can be entertaining for me. Oil talk can get kind of dry sometimes (no pun intended) and a little personality injected can be fun.

What I don't understand, and, bear in mind, this is from the perspective of a new user, is how you guys let each other get under your skin?

You have wonderful experience with MMO. Somebody calls it snake oil... Isn't your experience still positive? Anyone reading through will recognize the haters for what they are. Why get down to their level?

AR-X... Depends on the site you're viewing and the time frame any given post was made. Some folks feels it's the 2nd coming,,, others feel its the breaking of the 7th seal. I'm cool with that. From what I understand, an accusation was made where the owner was buying favorable comments. That's in black and white - take it to heart, take it out with the garbage. The guy singing its praises is still enjoying the benefits of the product... The guy who feels he just wasted $25 won't buy it again nor will he recommend it

I love Hondas and have 5 of them. Eventually 6 when my youngest needs a car. John Doe had one that conked out on him at 100k miles,,, he won't buy another but I'm still going to have 6 in my driveway some day. I'm not going to try to convince him and it would be fruitless for him to try and convince me

I see the dead horse getting closer and closer: All I'm saying is that if you guys could lighten up a little bit I think we all would be benefit. Like I said,, the banter is fun at times, but just remember that we are all adults here with our own opinions and life experiences. Respect that,... Maybe learn from their experience? Maybe learn who to ignore when the silliness enters into the conversation

I guess my point is banning a particular product's discussion isn't necessarily the issue as people like me will lose the ability to learn.

I now relinquish the soap box...

Originally Posted By: badtlc

You are no better. Sorry someone had to break the news to you. Should we go through your posts where you call for tests from BITOG type folks, they are provided to you, and then you throw them out because they weren't what you wanted? Your agenda is just as obvious as sprintman.

No, I don't have an agenda. Try again china

Originally Posted By: Finz
A couple of comments I'd like to make from a new-users perspective:

1. Personally, I think a ban would be a disservice to those, like myself, who come in here looking for information. I've been an avid reader of this site for many years and believe myself to be far more knowledgable via the info I've gleened from reading through the posts. I recently joined/participated because of an issue that developed on one of the vehicles in my driveway.

2. Demarpaint's personal experience with MMO and more recent testing with Kreen (along with many other posters) provided me with some positive testimony that I chose to investigate further. I researched these products outside of BITOG and now feel that I can make a more informed decision as to my next move

3. Of course, in reading these posts and those on other sites, people felt threatened or slighted when their testimony was disputed... I don't think anyone comes in to these sites looking for a fight but it's amazing to me how quickly a good posting degenerates into a **** measuring contest: "I'm right". "No, you're not right... I'm right". "Oh yeah? Prove it..." "I don't have to prove anything to you"

I hate to admit it, but on some level this can be entertaining for me. Oil talk can get kind of dry sometimes (no pun intended) and a little personality injected can be fun.

What I don't understand, and, bear in mind, this is from the perspective of a new user, is how you guys let each other get under your skin?

You have wonderful experience with MMO. Somebody calls it snake oil... Isn't your experience still positive? Anyone reading through will recognize the haters for what they are. Why get down to their level?

AR-X... Depends on the site you're viewing and the time frame any given post was made. Some folks feels it's the 2nd coming,,, others feel its the breaking of the 7th seal. I'm cool with that. From what I understand, an accusation was made where the owner was buying favorable comments. That's in black and white - take it to heart, take it out with the garbage. The guy singing its praises is still enjoying the benefits of the product... The guy who feels he just wasted $25 won't buy it again nor will he recommend it

I love Hondas and have 5 of them. Eventually 6 when my youngest needs a car. John Doe had one that conked out on him at 100k miles,,, he won't buy another but I'm still going to have 6 in my driveway some day. I'm not going to try to convince him and it would be fruitless for him to try and convince me

I see the dead horse getting closer and closer: All I'm saying is that if you guys could lighten up a little bit I think we all would be benefit. Like I said,, the banter is fun at times, but just remember that we are all adults here with our own opinions and life experiences. Respect that,... Maybe learn from their experience? Maybe learn who to ignore when the silliness enters into the conversation

I guess my point is banning a particular product's discussion isn't necessarily the issue as people like me will lose the ability to learn.

I now relinquish the soap box...

Please note, I'm paying a heck of a lot more than $25.00. Thank you

Finz that is a good post that you have there. I agree with a lot of it, but you are new here and believe me there have been some pretty bad personal attacks on people here.

I just wish that people could post their personal experiences with various products and not have to be attacked. Too many times I have seen somebody discuss their personal experiences with MMO or Kreen or whatever and they are attacked by a group of people who are promoting some other product. We are told that the personal experience of that person is worthless, totally of no value, he can't provide scientific proof, all of that mumbo jumbo. And then we are told by the promoters of the other product that we should use their product because one of them did compression tests.

Now do not misunderstand me. There needs to be back and forth discussion. I am not saying we should just automatically accept what somebody says here. But I do believe that people should be able to discuss their personal experience with a product and not be subjected to personal attacks and outrageous demands. Such as somebody demanding scientific proof and few if any of these products are ever going to be tested in a lab. We need to ask the promoters where is the scientific proof for their product.

This was a long time ago but I am going to bring it up anyway. A long time ago I was an Auto-RX user and in the Oil Additives Section it seemed like about all that was being discussed was Auto-RX. I dared to suggest that we needed discussion on other products and Frank, who used to be a member here, attacked me for suggesting that.

I understand that some people may believe strongly in Auto-RX or MMO or Kreen. But that does not mean and should not mean that they have the right to launch personal attacks on somebody who posts about some product they have tried. We can discuss the product the guy tried, pro and con, but the guy should not be called silly names and experience mean spirited attacks just because he is not using Auto-RX, or MMO, or Kreen, or whatever.

If somebody is going to try to promote a product here, especially if they are willing to attack other people personally, that is when I want to see some major proof. If they are trying to sell me something and saying their product is better than anything else discussed here, attacking other people, etc., I am not buying until I see some major proof. And frankly I would not buy anyway from somebody who attacks other people personally. They can find some better salesmen.

If a person goes through this entire post they will notice I did not even take part for a long time. I get tired of these endless arguments. I decided to get involved when I saw a statement that this is the Oil Additives Section where anecdotes are the evidence that a product works or not.

I never said anything like that. Since we are unlikely to get scientific proof that any of these products work what we mainly have is personal testimony. But I have no problem with somebody supplying photographs and/or compression test results. The more evidence we can get that a product either works or not the better. I really appreciated Artem who on his own and at his own expense tested several products and provided photographs. Obviously if 100 guys here tested some product and the overwhelming majority of those guys obtained positive results I would sit up and take notice.

But I am not going to believe that some product works and I should buy it just because one guy did compression tests. I expect more proof than that. Any reasonable person would expect more proof.

Like Finz, I also came here to learn, and also find the threads to be funnier than heck. Having an adult daughter, this thread brings back memories of when she was 12 and had a room of her friends over. Sorry to say, but it is true.

This isn't that uncommon unfortunately. People can hide behind a keyboard too easily, and what I have seen work on other forums is strong moderation. What seems to happen here is that the mods primarily step in when it is time to lock a thread. If this section is to be useful, it should have constant and consistent moderation, and those who go beyond the bounds of civility (even for a 12 year old girl) should receive timeouts. And then sock puppets are found and banned. Seems pretty simple except for the thankless nature and time this would take.

Finz-good post. Keep in mind if the big three cleaners are banned the old posts will still be in the archives. The truth is if you do some reading, everything in these new threads has been said before. Besides A-Rx and MMO have forums of their own where questions can be asked.

It has come to my attention that over on their site they claim i never bought one bottle and want me to post my order.
I will not post the actual order with all my info but i will post this.. I have a few more and my brother has about 3 of them.

w6uk.jpg

mlk4.jpg

If a person goes through this entire post they will notice I did not even take part for a long time. I get tired of these endless arguments. I decided to get involved when I saw a statement that this is the Oil Additives Section where anecdotes are the evidence that a product works or not.

I never said anything like that. Since we are unlikely to get scientific proof that any of these products work what we mainly have is personal testimony. But I have no problem with somebody supplying photographs and/or compression test results. The more evidence we can get that a product either works or not the better. I really appreciated Artem who on his own and at his own expense tested several products and provided photographs. Obviously if 100 guys here tested some product and the overwhelming majority of those guys obtained positive results I would sit up and take notice.

But I am not going to believe that some product works and I should buy it just because one guy did compression tests. I expect more proof than that. Any reasonable person would expect more proof.

Compression increase is more than enough for me. Seal rejuvenation is a massive bonus, not to mention quieter running.

Yes Frank i bought the product and so did my brother. We have bank receipts and pictures to back up our observations that we base our personal opinions of this product on.
I even have the observations from dealers in Germany who i gave the product free of charge to test it at the same time i was.

I don't think anyone really wants me to start bringing all the dirty washing out.

Originally Posted By: Trav
It has come to my attention that over on their site they claim i never bought one bottle and want me to post my order.
I will not post the actual order with all my info but i will post this.. I have a few more and my brother has about 3 of them.

w6uk.jpg

mlk4.jpg

Bahahahaha.
So in attempting to discredit you Frank informs his forum you didn't buy anything,yet you have receipts and shipping info saying you did.
That's funny. So the Frank Milker is lying over there in his forum and you have evidence of his deception.
Awesome. This Frank Miller is certainly a piece of work.
Dirtbag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back