Auto RX questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would i lie about buying it? I have nothing to gain or loose if they sell 1,000 bottles or day or sell none, their sales or lack of have the same importance for me as a bicycle falling over somewhere in China. None!

I bought it, used it and posted my personal observations as well those of people i gave it to nothing more and nothing less.
The problem is you have some geezer over on his own website ranting and raving to himself calling people liars and god know what else because he doesn't like what people have to say.

He has even go so far to write in small print that some of us should be banned if the owner of this board wants it to return to its glory days.
I wonder if he means the days when he and his cronies were rampaging on this board and abusing anyone who dared question his product? Its all there in the search engine so there is no need to repeat it.
A lot of good folks were driven off the board by this man and his helpers (its documented history), that was far from the glory days of this board. Today things are much better.

How can sprintman get away with stuff like this:

'Many dealers in England use it. The English always were smarter than the krauts'

I think if I made some kind of comment like that I would be banned. That is discrimination. And it is discrimination against Trav. Obviously the English are no smarter than the Germans. And I think '[censored]' is an ethic slur, isn't it?

This guy makes statements like this against people here on a regular basis. I can remember him calling demarpaint dumb and that Americans in general cannot think outside of the box.

I think the moderators need to take notice of this. Enough is enough.

Originally Posted By: Finz
A couple of comments I'd like to make from a new-users perspective:

1. Personally, I think a ban would be a disservice to those, like myself, who come in here looking for information. I've been an avid reader of this site for many years and believe myself to be far more knowledgable via the info I've gleened from reading through the posts. I recently joined/participated because of an issue that developed on one of the vehicles in my driveway.

2. Demarpaint's personal experience with MMO and more recent testing with Kreen (along with many other posters) provided me with some positive testimony that I chose to investigate further. I researched these products outside of BITOG and now feel that I can make a more informed decision as to my next move

3. Of course, in reading these posts and those on other sites, people felt threatened or slighted when their testimony was disputed... I don't think anyone comes in to these sites looking for a fight but it's amazing to me how quickly a good posting degenerates into a **** measuring contest: "I'm right". "No, you're not right... I'm right". "Oh yeah? Prove it..." "I don't have to prove anything to you"

I hate to admit it, but on some level this can be entertaining for me. Oil talk can get kind of dry sometimes (no pun intended) and a little personality injected can be fun.

What I don't understand, and, bear in mind, this is from the perspective of a new user, is how you guys let each other get under your skin?

You have wonderful experience with MMO. Somebody calls it snake oil... Isn't your experience still positive? Anyone reading through will recognize the haters for what they are. Why get down to their level?

AR-X... Depends on the site you're viewing and the time frame any given post was made. Some folks feels it's the 2nd coming,,, others feel its the breaking of the 7th seal. I'm cool with that. From what I understand, an accusation was made where the owner was buying favorable comments. That's in black and white - take it to heart, take it out with the garbage. The guy singing its praises is still enjoying the benefits of the product... The guy who feels he just wasted $25 won't buy it again nor will he recommend it

I love Hondas and have 5 of them. Eventually 6 when my youngest needs a car. John Doe had one that conked out on him at 100k miles,,, he won't buy another but I'm still going to have 6 in my driveway some day. I'm not going to try to convince him and it would be fruitless for him to try and convince me

I see the dead horse getting closer and closer: All I'm saying is that if you guys could lighten up a little bit I think we all would be benefit. Like I said,, the banter is fun at times, but just remember that we are all adults here with our own opinions and life experiences. Respect that,... Maybe learn from their experience? Maybe learn who to ignore when the silliness enters into the conversation

I guess my point is banning a particular product's discussion isn't necessarily the issue as people like me will lose the ability to learn.

I now relinquish the soap box...

Well said. I agree with what you say. People are looking for useful information. Asking us to trawl through archives where arguments took place is not realistic. We need information, not reading through pages and pages of threads where people argued.

Those who suggest we read the past threads or ask for banning discussion should simply practice what they preach and remove themselves voluntarily as they are only talking about past arguments and not contributing to the present discussion.

Originally Posted By: Mystic
How can sprintman get away with stuff like this:

'Many dealers in England use it. The English always were smarter than the krauts'

I think if I made some kind of comment like that I would be banned. That is discrimination. And it is discrimination against Trav. Obviously the English are no smarter than the Germans. And I think '[censored]' is an ethic slur, isn't it?

This guy makes statements like this against people here on a regular basis. I can remember him calling demarpaint dumb and that Americans in general cannot think outside of the box.

I think the moderators need to take notice of this. Enough is enough.

The sense of humor in Australia does take a little getting used to .......

Who said that there is something wrong with photographs of the interior of the engine? And why would there be a problem with photographs of the interior? A engine cleaning product should clean. If the product does clean then there is positive evidence that the product works. If the product does not clean there there is evidence that the product does not work as advertised.

I have never understood why Auto-RX supporters are so against photographic evidence.

You never explain why mmo/kreen users are against them either. Or anything else besides "personal testimony"

So where are all the pictures of engine interiors in kreen/mmo threads? You never say anything about the lack.

Originally Posted By: TrevorS
Mystic.....
you are being very selective and inconsistent in what evidence you are willing to accept. You are not the only one so please don't feel that I am picking on you.

Last edited:
Heck, Trajan, I don't mind photographs and compression testing to back up personal testimony for any product, including MMO and Kreen. In fact, demarpaint did compression testing for MMO. I don't know if there has been compression testing involving Kreen.

Like I already said, we need all the evidence we can for these products. Personal testimony, photographs, compression testing, or any other testing you can think of. It I okay with me for all of these products to be tested well.

Kreen and MMO users seem to coexist just fine. In fact, most who use one also use the other, it seems. The problem is that many of the Kreen/MMO crowd were also here when Frank was pimping AutoRX on the boards without sponsoring and all kinds of other unsavory stuff was going on re: AutoRX. Some of those users attack AutoRX threads as a result of this and any attempt, by the possibly innocent poster of such a thread, to deflect is viewed as more of the same underhandedness that happened in the past. Whether it is or not, it has to be said that Frank and the other AutoRX promoters of the time did bring it upon themselves.

Likewise, in nearly every Kreen or MMO thread, today's AutoRX promoters (whether official or otherwise) chime in to tear down the competing products.

Honestly, people, just let bygones be bygones. Yes, some underhanded [censored] went down a few years ago. That was a few years ago, though.

Does Kreen work? Does MMO work? Does AutoRX work? Honestly, what we need is for people to quit fighting about it and stop with all the "it didn't work for this guy so it must be garbage" [censored], let people do their own testing under their own circumstances, on their own engines, and if they want to document it here, let them.

If I have an engine of a specific design, with a specific type of buildup, and Kreen fails to do anything, that doesn't mean Kreen is garbage. If MMO fails in the same engine, it doesn't mean MMO is useless. If AutoRX cleans it up, that doesn't mean AutoRX is the greatest product ever. All it means it that AutoRX cleaned that type of [censored] out of that type of engine; possibly with the help of the MMO and Kreen that ran before it. Another user with the same engine and buildup can test this by running the AutoRX first and if they get the same results, it was likely the AutoRX that cleaned it; if they don't get the same results, try the other two. Eventually, we'll nail down which products (or combinations thereof) work on which types of buildup in which engines, which products really are useless, and which engines are just simply hopeless.

I'll say it again: Just because it worked for you, on your particular issue, in your exact engine, does not mean it will work for everyone; if it doesn't work for someone else, it doesn't mean they did it wrong, it just means it wasn't the right stuff for their buildup and/or their engine. Now, the corollary: Just because it didn't work for you, on your particular issue, in your exact engine, does not mean it won't work for anyone; if it does work for someone else, it doesn't mean they're lying, it jsut means it was the right stuff for their buildup and/or engine.

Of course, this doesn't cover people who will lie and say a product does or does not work for them in a particular scenario; that's what repetition is for. If you have the same engine, with the same problem, test the same product. Just stop arguing, it's getting nobody anywhere and it's likely to get a lot of potentially useful discussion banned.

Just stop, durr...

Probably 95% of all problems here in the Oil Additives Section comes about when Kreen, MMO, or Auto-RX are discussed. I would miss discussions about Kreen and MMO but for the sake of harmony I am willing to sacrifice. I think banning discussions of these three products would cure almost all of the issues that come up with people arguing and personal attacks and all of that nonsense in the Oil Additives Section. And discussion of these three products should be banned throughout the entire website.

Banning discussion of these three products would certainly solve a lot of problems here.

This is precisely why I photograph my testing procedures and results. Could I photoshop it? I work full time and have a life; yes, I could, but I'd have to quit my job or become a complete shut-in to find the time.

What Trav is saying is exactly the truth. Anybody here could allegedly do a compression test using whatever product (insert name of product here_________) they wanted to test and claim a compression improvement. You would not even have to do any compression test at all. Just claim that compression had been improved using whatever product you cared to say you were testing.

But if anybody dares to challenge sprintman's compression tests of Auto-RX Plus they might well be attacked or called some name or whatever. We are all supposed to just believe his compression testing with no independent verification. Well, I am not a wimp consumer. I want proof.

I am not accusing anybody of lying. But it is easy to say, as Trajan said just a little while ago, that a product works. Somebody else could say that MMO works. Or claim that Kreen works. I think most of the guys here want a little proof before they are willing to buy something.

And it would not hurt having a little bit more friendly salesmen either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back