Auto RX questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're making my point there.

And founding member? What does that have to do with anything? That's the union mentality, that longevity counts for anything other than longevity. It does not translate into expertise, or believability for that matter.

Originally Posted By: sprintman
Originally Posted By: kschachn
Heh, your inflated post count supports my notion that you think pretty highly of yourself, eh?

Originally Posted By: sprintman
No integrity. You're out!

Founding member. Get over yourself!

Probably 95% of all problems here in the Oil Additives Section comes about when Kreen, MMO, or Auto-RX are discussed. I would miss discussions about Kreen and MMO but for the sake of harmony I am willing to sacrifice. I think banning discussions of these three products would cure almost all of the issues that come up with people arguing and personal attacks and all of that nonsense in the Oil Additives Section. And discussion of these three products should be banned throughout the entire website.

Banning discussion of these three products would certainly solve a lot of problems here.

Originally Posted By: Trajan
It does work. Try as they might, they can't refute the evidence provided by dnewton3 or the late Gary Allan.

It does not work and what irrefutable evidence? A compression test?
lol.gif
You can boost compression for under $5 in 10 min or less if its just a stuck ring.
Show me the card for the test thats all.

http://www.ultimategarage.com/shop/part.php?products_id=5942

Hey hows this.
1 124 psi
2 166 psi
3 180 psi
4 140 psi

And after Jims whizzbang genie in a bottle.
1 170 psi
2 185psi
3 185 psi
4 183 psi
Freaking incredible i must say and i didn't even leave the table to do it.
crackmeup2.gif
Show me the card.
Before you start with "are you calling so and so a liar" right back at ya. Prove Jims whizzbang genie in a bottle didn't do this in the 5 min i took to post this.
lol.gif

What Trav is saying is exactly the truth. Anybody here could allegedly do a compression test using whatever product (insert name of product here_________) they wanted to test and claim a compression improvement. You would not even have to do any compression test at all. Just claim that compression had been improved using whatever product you cared to say you were testing.

But if anybody dares to challenge sprintman's compression tests of Auto-RX Plus they might well be attacked or called some name or whatever. We are all supposed to just believe his compression testing with no independent verification. Well, I am not a wimp consumer. I want proof.

I am not accusing anybody of lying. But it is easy to say, as Trajan said just a little while ago, that a product works. Somebody else could say that MMO works. Or claim that Kreen works. I think most of the guys here want a little proof before they are willing to buy something.

And it would not hurt having a little bit more friendly salesmen either.

Originally Posted By: Mystic
sprintman: 'You can't actually be banned on any forum, at least not if you understand IT basics.'

So sprintman, if you get banned here you would keep coming back with a new user name like Mori (Tom)? Mori is a troubled individual.

One?? I could have 50 if I wanted.

Probably 95% of all problems here in the Oil Additives Section comes about when Kreen, MMO, or Auto-RX are discussed. I would miss discussions about Kreen and MMO but for the sake of harmony I am willing to sacrifice. I think banning discussions of these three products would cure almost all of the issues that come up with people arguing and personal attacks and all of that nonsense in the Oil Additives Section. And discussion of these three products should be banned throughout the entire website.

Banning discussion of these three products would certainly solve a lot of problems here.

There are no 'problems'.

What Trav is saying is exactly the truth. Anybody here could allegedly do a compression test using whatever product (insert name of product here_________) they wanted to test and claim a compression improvement. You would not even have to do any compression test at all. Just claim that compression had been improved using whatever product you cared to say you were testing.

But if anybody dares to challenge sprintman's compression tests of Auto-RX Plus they might well be attacked or called some name or whatever. We are all supposed to just believe his compression testing with no independent verification. Well, I am not a wimp consumer. I want proof.

I am not accusing anybody of lying. But it is easy to say, as Trajan said just a little while ago, that a product works. Somebody else could say that MMO works. Or claim that Kreen works. I think most of the guys here want a little proof before they are willing to buy something.

[censored] friendly!! I want results, anything else is irrelevant.

If nothing else, ban the folks that insist on bringing up ARX in MMO/kreen threads and vice versa. Not staying on topic initiates 99% of the [censored] in this forum.

I don't understand this thread.

We have personal testimony that Auto RX works but for some reason it is not to be believed without independent witnesses.

We have personal testimony that Auto RX doesn't work and nobody seems to be disputing the veracity of those instances.

I happen to believe both those who say it does work and those who say it doesn't. If I were to believe one side only, it means I had some vested interest in trusting some and not others.

What we should be having a discussion about is under what circumstances does it work and not work so that others can make an informed decision.

Anything else is childish. I certainly don't understand why people are talking about what goes on in MMO threads when this thread is about Auto RX.

sprintman: 'You can't actually be banned on any forum, at least not if you understand IT basics.'

So sprintman, if you get banned here you would keep coming back with a new user name like Mori (Tom)? Mori is a troubled individual.

Tom is a troubled individual?? Big call coming from you..............

There you go again sprintman. You could not help yourself, could you? You had to say something. A very good example of what I have been talking about and everybody can see it.

I think you know full well that we have an individual who keeps getting banned (because he does not seem to know how to act) and keeps coming back with a new user name. This individual has probably used at least 6 different user names. This individual was apparently even banned from Facebook because of his behavior. That seems like a troubled individual to me. I am sure Helen and the moderators know about this individual. They have banned him several times.

With all the things you have said about various people here I sometimes wonder why you have not been banned. But like you said above, you could just come back like Mori, right?

If I ever get banned from this website I will be a man and not sneak back concealed by a new user name. And I am proud of the fact that I can discuss things here and even get into arguments and not have to attack other people personally or call people silly names. But there is a big difference between me and you. And I am very happy that there is a difference.

I have had a couple of good experiences with ARX. I posted the results several months ago, then the bashing started and the thread was locked.

Unfortunately shortly after the rinse cycle the idler for the timing belt the waterpump came off, and yes the Honda is an interference engine.
A mechanic friend of mine was able to bring it back to life, and it no longer consumes oil like it did, I felt updating on this engine here would be counter-productive as there were too many variables thrown into the equation.

I also treated an '48 Ford I own with ARX. My dad bought it in 1970 and has been used for the power-take-off ever since, meaning LOTS of engine idle time. Approx. five engine hours into initial ARX dose the flat head runs MUCH better than before.

I knew this would be an excellent candidate for a treatment as it hasn't been driven on the road in years and the rings had to be gunked up. There were always 2 cylinders that fouled spark plugs, as of yet that isn't the case anymore.

I am sure there are other products that would have worked, but in this instance ARX worked for me and I wouldn't hesitate using it again.

There you go again sprintman. You could not help yourself, could you? You had to say something. A very good example of what I have been talking about and everybody can see it.

I think you know full well that we have an individual who keeps getting banned (because he does not seem to know how to act) and keeps coming back with a new user name. This individual has probably used at least 6 different user names. This individual was apparently even banned from Facebook because of his behavior. That seems like a troubled individual to me. I am sure Helen and the moderators know about this individual. They have banned him several times.

With all the things you have said about various people here I sometimes wonder why you have not been banned. But like you said above, you could just come back like Mori, right?

If I ever get banned from this website I will be a man and not sneak back concealed by a new user name. And I am proud of the fact that I can discuss things here and even get into arguments and not have to attack other people personally or call people silly names. But there is a big difference between me and you. And I am very happy that there is a difference.

[censored] right there is. You change your tune like you change your underpants! No commitments china

Well, roadrunner1 your story is an excellent example. You tell your story about using a product (Auto-RX in this case) and that you had a positive experience. I think this is what the Oil Additives Section is supposed to be like. People should be able to tell their experiences with various products and not be attacked personally, or told they must supply scientific proof, etc.

When I comes to this website I want to find out about motor oils, oil filters, oil supplements, and other auto related subjects. I don't want to have to fight with somebody who is trying to promote some product.

Sometimes I come here and somebody is discussing his personal experience using some product and pretty soon the guy is being attacked, maybe called names, told basically that his personal experience is of no value, etc. And maybe the guys attacking him will then start promoting some product. Their product works (even though they have no proof). The guy telling his personal story-his product does not work. I get really tired of this.

What we basically have for these various products are personal testimony, maybe photographs, and maybe compression testing. Usually we don't have any major evidence except where oil companies themselves have come out with various products, such as Valvoline coming out with their own oil supplements for a while.

I don't come here to have to fight with anybody. And I don't come here to have to put up with some disturbed individual who keeps coming back with new user names. I like peace and quiet but I will defend myself.

And everybody here-regardless what you may think of me personally. I want you to compare my behavior with that of sprintman. Do an honest and fair comparison.

I am not going to act like a child and start calling somebody silly names. I can talk like a man.

and not have to attack other people personally or call people silly names.

Like when you changed the last letter in doodfood's name from d to l? And it got mod removed?

How is this claim of faking a compression test any different then "personal testimony"?

How is attacking anyone who doesn't accept claims, that since proof is not provided, that challenges said claim, any different?

Why is it that claims that MMO/Kreen works, backed by nothing that can be measured/verified, are to be accepted without question? But claims that ARX worked, which you yourself said works, are open to attack?

Yep, I said it worked. And by your own standards of proof, dermapaints too, it is all the proof needed.

And yeah, you're saying I am lying. You never go into threads that talk about MMO/kreen and demand the same standard of proof you expect from ARX.

To paraphrase, will it be 2050 before we get proof mmo/kreen works.

We've seen what happens when one questions the claims that those two allegedly work. And when it's *shown* that ARX worked better than kreen.

You can't claim that personal testimony matters more than data/proof, and then reject it when it is given for a product you don't like.

And yeah, I agree with you. A little bit more friendly salesmen. So when will the kreen/mmo salesmen get there?

And sprint, tone it down a bit please. Seeing that censored tag is annoying.

Oh, as far as pictures, they can be alledged to be whatever you want them to be.

Last edited:
I don't know what you are talking about Trajan. If I accidentally used a letter instead of the correct letter it was an accident. I have no memory of anything like that. I don't do things like that because I like to be a man, not a spoiled individual acting like a child.

I can remember Trajan long ago when you helped to defeat the synlube guy/guys who came here trying to promote that synlube junk. You did a really good job helping to defeat them. You seem to have changed. You, several other guys here, and I all worked together to expose that synlube guy and the stories he was telling. Do you remember that fight, Trajan?

But now you fight against me? I don't have any problem if you believe strongly in Auto-RX. I used to use it myself and then I became disillusioned with it. I changed my mind. I have never used Kreen. But I support the right of people to talk about it here. And Trav, who is a remarkable guy, believes in Kreen. I use MMO only in my lawnmower and sometimes in the gasoline in my car. But I support the right of people here to talk about it and I respect demarpaint who has 40 years of experience using it.

This website needs to get back to where guys can talk about their personal experiences using various products. We need to be able to talk freely and honestly about what we have used in the way of motor oils, oil supplements, etc. Are these not the things we all want?

Wow, reading this is making my head spin. Trajan thanks for dragging me in again.
smile.gif

I really think the three cleaners shouldn't be discussed here anymore. Or better yet, if that's too harsh a punishment, try it for a month and see what happens. Like a timeout for a member who steps out of bounds would get. There will either be harmony, this site becomes dull and lackluster, people fight over something else, or they try and push their favorite cleaner in some subliminal way. I'd love to see how it goes down if the big three cleaners are banned from discussion here.

I guess I made my point when you Trajan are telling sprintman to tune it down a little bit. I can talk and even argue with somebody without calling somebody names.

I guess you misunderstand me and I don't know how to make it clearer. I have totally no problem with somebody here telling their personal story about positive results they obtained (or for that matter negative results since we need those too) with whatever product they have tested-Auto-RX, Kreen, MMO or whatever. I don't expect them to supply scientific proof although if they have photographs or compression test results those are pluses.

But if somebody attacks those people I have a problem with that. Sure people can debate back and forth but there should not be personal attacks on a guy just because he has told his personal experience. I also have a problem when somebody seems to be trying to promote a product. Especially if that person or persons puts down the story told by somebody using a different product and then they try to convince people to use whatever product they are pushing. That is when I start demanding proof. If somebody wants me to buy some product they are pushing I nned to have some evidence that it works.

But I don't expect proof from somebody just telling his personal story. Now if 100 guys say that some product seems to work I sit up and take notice. I might be willing to try that product.

Have I made myself more clear?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back