Another Sludge Engine help Question pls. *w/pics*

7k2ti9.jpg

I had luck with motor medic engine flush when I had a tapping under the valve cover. Pretty sure it was a hydraulic lifter sticking. It dissolved, or atleast broke loose, some sludge or deposits apparently.
Never ticked again after that.
Maybe an engine flush to help loosen things up followed by a high ester oil like redline or some additive like rislone to remove deposits through time.
So... About both of these... Since you mentioned both and I used them recently - I'll share a small "data point" here.
- Used Motor Medic in 2009 1.6L (non GDI) Hyundai, due to some ticking on first start of the day. Motor Medic didn't seem to do much good, but didn't cause any issues either.
- So I moved on to Rislone. Got 16oz of that in the crankcase now, since about 1000 miles ago, but ticking is progressively taking longer to go away on first start. Suspicious... I do have a second 16oz bottle of Rislone, but now not sure anymore if I wanna add that.
- It almost sounds like a sticky hydraulic lifter that takes a while to fill-up.

So... About both of these... Since you mentioned both and I used them recently - I'll share a small "data point" here.
- Used Motor Medic in 2009 1.6L (non GDI) Hyundai, due to some ticking on first start of the day. Motor Medic didn't seem to do much good, but didn't cause any issues either.
- So I moved on to Rislone. Got 16oz of that in the crankcase now, since about 1000 miles ago, but ticking is progressively taking longer to go away on first start. Suspicious... I do have a second 16oz bottle of Rislone, but now not sure anymore if I wanna add that.
- It almost sounds like a sticky hydraulic lifter that takes a while to fill-up.
Is the adbv leaking down while it sits? Maybe try a new filter while you keep driving the Rislone/oil fill presently. Or try going from a 0/5wX to a 10w the thicker viscosity at cold start may help.

I hope the Rislone ends up working in the end. Sometimes it’s takes a little time.
You could pop the hood and record the taping sound and then do the same periodically to see if you can hear an improvement through time.
Or you could pull the valve cover off to determine if it’s something worn or if there is some carbon or sludge you can manually remove.
The motor medic worked for me. Guess I was lucky.

I hope the Rislone ends up working in the end. Sometimes it’s takes a little time.
You could pop the hood and record the taping sound and then do the same periodically to see if you can hear an improvement through time.
Or you could pull the valve cover off to determine if it’s something worn or if there is some carbon or sludge you can manually remove.
The motor medic worked for me. Guess I was lucky.
Rislone now in our three vehicles and doing well. Pulled the filter from my Barra 4.0 six after less than 1,500 kms and it’s was a brown mess. New filter and continuing (750ml initial add). 500ml in daughters Suzuki SX4 and engine quieter and smoother. Changing its filter on Saturday.

Ok good stuff. So I am just a basic DIY home gargae oil change guy.

Now some dummy questions? What is MMO?

Is the Mobile 1 High Mileage a good one to use to help some?

I called the guy who got the car for 2 weeks then Sold it to me. He now just a few mins ago tells me he did a Flush with 1/2 can of Motor Medic Motor Flush then changed the oil and filter just 300 miles ago. That worrys me. Said he did because he took it to a Nissan Dealer and they told him it was heavyly sludged. I'm take you guy's advise here. I thought the engine would be ok myself too.

1 more pic attached. View attachment 147818
I'm late to this posting. MMO is Marvel Mystery Oil.

Back