Auto-rx summary and new maint dose pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, but how do you know how "gummed up" you are? In my experience, many people have more deposits than they realize. Sure, a car that has been AMSOIL'd its whole life and otherwise maintained...it may be overkill. But for the "average" person, I'd tell them to do the cleaning first, then maintain....

Quote:

Yes, but how do you know how "gummed up" you are? In my experience, many people have more deposits than they realize. Sure, a car that has been AMSOIL'd its whole life and otherwise maintained...it may be overkill. But for the "average" person, I'd tell them to do the cleaning first, then maintain....

My proof is under the oil cap.

A peek under the oil cap doesn't necessarily give much insight into the state of the oil passages, seal areas, or piston rings.

jeff

My wife's outback that had lived on short intervals of pennzoil, mobil 1, and amsoil its whole life released a bunch of "coffee ground" material into the oil filter during an ARX application. Keep in mind that under the valve covers this engine is absolutely spotless, no sludge, no varnish, no discoloration. My belief is that most engines can benefit from this product.

Hey kids!!! Here's more proof of the mighty maintenance dose! I took these last night and just downloaded them!

Before

DSCN5347.jpg

and

After

DSCN5987.jpg

For those wondering what they are looking at, I've been tracking those spots of carbon since I got the car. That's the most they've been cleaned since my last arx rinse cycle. Nothing else has touched them. I've resisted the urge to scrub them just to use them as a barometer of cleaning....

The "before" pic was taken in the middle of last year. Probably about the time I put in Redline or maybe later. Still, I have later pics that show the same area and there's no difference until this last "after" pic, which I snapped after the maintenance dose. I'll post them later when I get the chance...

As promised, here's a pic from later last year, after I had stopped experimenting with various flushes. Nothing but arx since then. As you can see, no change from earlier in the year, just after my previous arx-ing.

DSCN5699.jpg

Quote:

Brian,

In the above photo it appears Auto-Rx has removed about half of the of the carbon am I correct?

I'd say about halfway. It's a shame waited so long to pick up with the maintenance dose.....I'd have this car cleaned by now.
frown.gif

rsylvstr, I use photobucket for my pics.

I am convinced Auto-RX works. Auto-RX may have saved me $600.00 (I had a small seal leak and the engine would have to have been removed to replace the seal).

I use a maintenance dose every time I change oil (except during the rinse phrase after an Auto-RX cleaning). For one car or truck and four oil changes a year you are talking only one bottle of Auto-RX for a year of maintenance doses. Pretty reasonable in price.

You only need to do an Auto-RX cleaning every 25,000 miles for each car or truck that you own. Pretty good deal. I am convinced and I will keep using it.

The flat part of the head right around where the camshaft sprockets are spinning shows the greatest carbon removal. So my rings must be happy happy, I will be running 3oz maintenance dose the life of my car without further due cleaning to see if any additional cleanings are required. Good to see someone else implement a maintenance dose.

mystic (and Frank):

If you've run a "clean and rinse" in your engine (less than 100K miles) and you're now using a 3-4 ounce maintenance dose with each oil change, why would you need to "re-clean" the engine again?

I put an Auto-Rx maintenance dose in my wife's '05 Highlander 3.3L V6 at the first OCI, i.e., 1k miles. It gets PP 5w30 every 5k miles along with 3-4 ounces of Auto-Rx. I hope I'll never need to perform a full clean and rinse on that engine.

BrianWC: nice pics! I wish I'd taken a look under the valve cover of my 2002 9-3SE before I turned it in off of lease in 2005. 5k mile OCIs with M-1 0w40 the first year, then 5w40 the last two years. I might have been surprised!

does anyone else notice the filters used with Castrol Tection Extra 15W-40 are DIRTIER than the other 2?

i have often wondered if a Heavy Duty Diesel oil, like Delo 400 15W-40 among others, would work better with the Auto RX.

hummmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back