Auto-rx summary and new maint dose pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brian,

We can't in our right minds expect you to photograph the top end every oil change, but the last filter results showed substantial cleansing progress. Have you noticed any seat of the pants performance gains or overall motor quiteness, or any UOA supporting the effectiveness of the cleaning process or maintenance dose execution? Just curious, like you haven't shared enough already.

I banged a bottle of RX into my 89 Mazda Turbo 626 yesterday. Will run it at least 3,200kms. Also got a new U.S made high flow cat on it yesterday, boy did that free up some horsepower.

Quote:

Brian,

We can't in our right minds expect you to photograph the top end every oil change, but the last filter results showed substantial cleansing progress. Have you noticed any seat of the pants performance gains or overall motor quiteness, or any UOA supporting the effectiveness of the cleaning process or maintenance dose execution? Just curious, like you haven't shared enough already.

No, I didn't actually do a UOA. Performance is just as when I bought it. Quite frankly, I think, with this car, the fact that nothing has failed on me is proof enough. The only maintenance I've done outside arx is to clean the oil pickup mesh. This car has the little, problematic Garrett GT25 turbo and just the fact that it's still purring after 100k miles now tells me I am doing something right. I help moderate a saab web forum and can't tell you how many folks have blown the turbo on these cars under 100k miles.

I would LIKE to remove the valve cover again but don't expect to find much. The top end just seems to not get much flow. Now that I've got the updated PCV system, combined with the arx maint doses, I'm expecting to be trouble-free for quite some time.
cheers.gif

Quote:

do they actually sell "filter cutters" to cut the oil filter open???

They do but they're a bit pricey - somewhere around $50 as I recall. I use a Dremel tool with a cutting wheel on it. Works very well. Before that I used a hacksaw. It also works but it's cumbersome and the cut is a bit ragged.

Phil

This was just the thing I needed to convince me ARX actually does something and is safe to use. Thanks.

Good job Brian,

I have accumulated over 40k on my maintenance dose along with some OCIs. Frank has repeatedly asked me for the data which I have not yet posted. I want to run a more of a long term test and see how long it will take before my valve covers will leak. When they do, this will be a great opportunity to take pics of the heads, but maybe Auto-RX will swell the seals and no leakage will occur over the life of the car.

Don't thank me!

I have to say, I gave Frank a really hard time early on. I'm glad now to give credit where credit is due!

Engine has quitened in 100kms. I wish the average Joe, as Americans say, could understand the wonders of RX. I still can't get my head around itand I've used many many bottles. I must get back into maintenance dose regime.

These pics should silence even the most stubborn of ARX skeptics.

I have been using maintenance doses for a few years now. I'll just keep on doin' what I've been doin'.

I am going to join the maintenance dose bandwagon. I had been doing the 25K-30K cleaning dose and rinse. Perhaps the maintenance dose with each oil change is better.

Brian, I I speak for myself but believe many members read and absorb your posts, for quality content as well as independent thinking.

Well, I learned the hard way. I initially wasn't convinced arx was anything special. But...seems it is!

Brian,

Great photos and documentary. Are you going to extend your mileage with the maintenance dose or are you staying with 4,500 miles.

Quote:

Brian,

Great photos and documentary. Are you going to extend your mileage with the maintenance dose or are you staying with 4,500 miles.

Oh, I'll definitely extend this current oil change. I only changed that fill at 4,500 b/c my wife had been driving my car for a few weeks. She does a lot more stop and go than I do. My daily routine consists of driving a few blocks in town, getting on the interstate and cruising for 40 minutes.

Quote:

Quote:

Whats better maintence doses of RX with dino or synthetic?

From what I understand it doesn't matter.

No, I'd think if you have a car that is new to arx, the best route would be to do a clean/rinse or two then get on the maint. dose.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Whats better maintence doses of RX with dino or synthetic?

From what I understand it doesn't matter.

No, I'd think if you have a car that is new to arx, the best route would be to do a clean/rinse or two then get on the maint. dose.

Unless your all gummed up with crud i can see a clean and rinse phase. In my case its spotless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back