Advance Auto Parts Is Beginning Car Care Clearances

This afternoon I went to an Advance Auto Parts down the road from my dealership.

They had moved all the red tag car care items to a front table along with a few 5 quart jugs of Catrol 20k Oil which were $18 each.

I passed on the oil since I remembered that another location had some Total Quartz on clearance. I went to that place and got one 5 quart jug of 5W-30 for $11.45 and five quart bottles (3 5W-30 and 2 5W-40) for $2.15 and $2.45 a quart respectively.

Total cost was $2.45 a quart on average. The car care products are still priced too high but around late-December to early-January that will change. In the meantime you may be surprised to find the very last of the oil clearances in the back of the AAP store where the restrooms are.

Well, it seems another clearance/purge at AAP of old stock is still in swing

Standard clearance cart out front of old yellowed inventory of stuff no one wants

It isn't as cheap as it was, and I believe the inventory that's left is inventory error
It ain't the deal it was, and there's less of it, but it's still a half decent deal 🤷‍♂️

That being said,
  • LL is $11.45
  • MC3 is $14.25
  • 9000 5w40 is $14.75
1000008162.jpg

If you're on or about Irvington, NJ, the lady in the store told me she sends a lot of it back there 🤷‍♂️

Back