Anyone a fan of canned sardines?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love canned sardines! I eat them all the time and they are one of the most healthy foods on the planet and to my knowlege the most healthy meat protine. I ushually just eat the king oscar brand on sliced bagette with tomato or pesto and sundried tomato and sometimes right out of the can. I was woundering how you guys eat them?

Saltine cracker with a thin layer of mayo and one sardine (oil packed) on top. YUM!

I've found the cheaper brand of sardine is OK as long as its harvested from colder waters. Canadian sardines are one of the best. Thailand sardines are one of the worst IMO.

Love them. I eat brunswick brand sardines and herring all the time. I just eat them out of the can. I had never heard of people eating them with anything else but it sounds delicious.

I love sardines also. Great snack for lunch. I prefer the run-of-the-mill oil packing, no LC20 or Auto-RX.

I usually eat 'em straight out of the can.

Kippers? Bit of a sticky wicket, ay-wot? Bit of a wet hedgehog, wot-wot? I shall kill myself if suhved kippers for breckfuhst.

Originally Posted By: TurboLuver
I like them in mustard sauce.

Oh yea! With a saltine cracker.
20.gif

Straight out of the can - mustard or hot sauce - and the best is I don't need to worry about my kids or wife raiding my stash! They don't know what they are missing but that's fine by me.

Originally Posted By: Buffman
i used to eat them all the time until I found out they were whole fishies.

At least the larger ones should have been gutted before being packaged. The smaller ones are purged of feces before being killed and canned.

Kippers don't ever come with their innards, unless I'm mistaken.

Mustard sauce! The saltines sound good. I'm with drew, big lots is the place to buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back