Your Favorite Canned Man Food

As a land surveyor, I find myself in the middle of nowhere from time to time performing work. I generally have a stash of some cheap canned meat or other food to throw in my tool belt so I can eat while I’m away from the truck. My go to’s are Beanie Weenie and Vienna (has to be BBQ) and maybe some crackers. I can do sardines every once in a while but they aren’t my favorite and I have to use half a bottle of hot sauce to make them appetizing.
So what are your go to cheap canned meal/ snacks?

When I was an environmental technician (cough laborer) out in the hot sun, I used to love Chef Boyardee spaghetti or ravioli. It's pretty awful now as something on the shelf if I don't feel like cooking or getting takeout. But left in the sun it was a hot meal full of sodium you just sweat out anyways, it was like fine dining...

Sardines all the way. I like to dip bread in the leftover oil. Mmm mmm mmm. I'd have to bring my own ziplock and throw the trash away in the OUTSIDE hallway trash to prevent people from getting too upset about that choice.

More realistically, one or more of the following on the go for quick calories:

1. When I used to be stuck on the boat for the full shift I'd sneak Clif bars in my cargo pocket or backpack. Plenty of protein and a good amount of carbs/calories to keep me going for another couple of hours.

2. Combo beef/cheese stick.

3. Nuts

Oh,and proper preparation is paramount. NEVER nuke them (unless it's a starvation emergency and a nuker is all you have access to). Simmer them in a pot on the stove, till they're good and thick!
Absolutely correct! In fact if I cook canned pasta regardless of brand, I always add basil, oregano, red pepper, garlic and whatever else and then simmer...

I think people are getting away from the core purpose of this topic which is what to eat only if you are out where you don't have a kitchen full of stove and compliments to improve the meal.

Personally I couldn't name just one because I wouldn't want to eat same thing too often. Back when I had a higher sodium diet, beef stew would be my top pick, or Chili (though most are like mud in a can) then canned meats and crackers, but now that I eat less sodium, Spaghettios, ravioli, or if I have access to boiling water and time for rehydration, that opens up other possibilities for dehydrated foods, or just some trail mix to tide me over till I get back to civilization to eat a proper meal.

The lunchables are not too bad. They have the canned chicken salad and tuna salad in a pack with crackers and a small plastic spoon. Even my grandkids wont eat Chefardee, sorry guys but it tastes like soft bread in warm ketchup to me.

The lunchables are not too bad. They have the canned chicken salad and tuna salad in a pack with crackers and a small plastic spoon. Even my grandkids wont eat Chefardee, sorry guys but it tastes like soft bread in warm ketchup to me.
Lol you are the first one I’ve ever met not to like Chef Boyardee that’s crazy lol. Now yes the previous formula was much better than the new one for sure. I’m glad I still have plenty of the throwback left.

Back