Status
Not open for further replies.
It's doing it's job so far.
thumbsup2.gif

Amsoilairfilter006.jpg

Amsoilairfilter003.jpg

Amsoilairfilter005.jpg

Amsoilairfilter002.jpg

Here's what the MAF looked like on the last filter (K&N) @ ~30K.

KN001.jpg

So far so good...

The dirty side looks almost as new, it can be used for another 20-30k miles. MAF looks very clean, Amsoil air/oil filters are top notch.

Originally Posted By: mrcoolguy
Feel any difference in mpg or power between the filters?

Nope, none whatsoever.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
The dirty side looks almost as new, it can be used for another 20-30k miles. MAF looks very clean, Amsoil air/oil filters are top notch.

The thing that sold me on the Amsoil filter is that it's good for 100,000 miles, or four 25K cleanings. Basically you just shake them out or use low pressure compressed air and blow from the inside out.

I just pulled it for curiosity's sake, didn't clean it.

Originally Posted By: Ben99GT
Originally Posted By: mrcoolguy
Feel any difference in mpg or power between the filters?

Nope, none whatsoever.

Were both pics taken with a flash?

Great pics. Same reason we left K&N. never had any real problems but it was obvious they missed a bit!

We have the Ea in all our fleet trucks now except my personal Silverado which has an AEM short ram intake. When that one gets too dirty to clean there's no doubt what will replace it.

Originally Posted By: postjeeprcr
Were both pics taken with a flash?

Yes

Originally Posted By: Unleashedbeast
Ben,

Same results here. I will never go back to an oiled filter. I even refused to use the oiled filter that came with my 127mm JLT CAI.

I too will be using those Amsoil cone filters on the Mustang from here on out.

Just changed one out that had 6 years 52K and I cleaned it about 4 times. I tore some of the media and held it up to the sun and nothing shone through it. I also never noticed any difference in MPG. It did not look very dirty really. Replaced it with another that I will run the same way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back