All food consumed in one day

...and just because. There's no fitness or weight training threads on this site.
I started one regarding fitness six years ago. I don't exactly remember the details but that thread contained probably too much signaling. The topic tends to not come up much.

For breakfast, I had two almond flour pancake (almond flour, an egg, a little filk (fake milk) with chia seeds - have to let the seeds swell for 5 minutes, a pinch of salt, and a little vanilla) fried with a teaspoon of avocado oil - avocado oil because it imparts no flavor and because it has a high smoke point besides being a beneficial oil. Topped with blueberries and strawberries mixed with cream skimmed off the top of my bottle of unhomogenized whole milk. I also had a tall glass of water with the juice from one lemon and I had a few dates and figs with my coffee.

I have already shedded my winter padding. It took me less than a month and has been barely an inconvenience.

Signaling alert: this post encourages the consumption of prebiotic food.

Dinner was shirataki noodles made from prebiotic zero-carb fiber with chicken, pork, bacon, and peppers. Shirataki is an excellent pasta substitute if you don't want the carbs. You could mix regular pasta with shirataki and cut down on the carbs. You can find shirataki noodles in different styles at Asian markets or online. Note that prebiotics actually make it into the small intestine where they act as fuel for the gut biome, while probiotics without a targeted release coating get mostly killed off by stomach acid and are dead and ineffective by the time they make it into the intestine. One purpose of stomach acid is to kill organisms and it kills them indiscriminately. Probiotics are microorganisms and prebiotics are nutrients that serve as fuel for gut microbes. The immune system is largely dependent on a healthy gut biome.

Last edited:
Vava the wife buys and enjoys the clearish gross gelatinous shirataki noodles. I can not eat those. We all have our limits.

But yours look like real pasta. Please tell the brand and such

Vava the wife buys and enjoys the clearish gross gelatinous shirataki noodles. I can not eat those. We all have our limits.

But yours look like real pasta. Please tell the brand and such
House Foods Tofu Shirataki macaroni-shaped noodle substitute. Comes also as angel hair, fettucini and spaghetti. So these are made of a mix of konnyaku and soy. The clear ones are all konnyaku. It's alright, just need to find a flavorful sauce or spices or they are just bland.

Horrible weather and nothing much to do. I went ahead and flayed an orange. I ate the pith and also the grisly center nub. Polyphenols!

With the weather being what it is I decided to let someone else cook. Went to Joe's and has another pot roast. Yes, with penne and red sauce. That's what I usually get there - unless I want something fancier. Then I get the steak Bruno.

Today I had Atlantic salmon with zucchini and kale slaw for lunch. That's something I often get when out and about.

180° Snacks Blueberry and Pomegranate Squares. With cashews, almonds, and pumpkin seeds. They make a variety of combinations. Good before a workout when I want some carbs.

My favorite place in the area was closed so I had dinner at the only other option that was open. Sesame-encrusted rock cod over rice noodles, chopped bok choy, savoy cabbage, and pea shoots. The green stuff is seaweed with sesame oil. It was ok.

Last edited:
My afternoon snack is one of my fruit and nuts bar: Dates, figs, a few cranberries or whatever dried berries I have, hazelnuts, almonds, pistachios, pumpkin and sunflower seeds, and inulin (prebiotic). All chopped up finely and kneaded into a sticky dough, put into a silicone candy bar mold, baked for 30 minutes. so the bars become solid. I make a whole bunch every couple of weeks. The bars keep well.

You could make an oatmeal and nuts bar. Or how about a peanut butter and almond/hemp seed bar. How about ginger? You can add cacao. Anything goes. You can add spices. gingerbread spices, vanilla, etc.

Last edited:
Since I gained some weight over the winter, I'm on "one meal per day" since 2 weeks now.
It's pretty much the same every day - half pound burger patty on a lot of salad, roasted mushrooms, a bell pepper, cheese, an onion and an egg on top. Salad dressing is apple vinegar, olive oil, MCT oil, some spices and herbs.

I also take some supplements - potassium, vitamin C (a lot), vitamin D and K2, and inulin as a prebiotic.
I usually eat around 3 PM - works pretty well, I lost 8 pounds so far

Next week I go with chicken or turkey instead of the beef paddy.

Since I gained some weight over the winter, I'm on "one meal per day" since 2 weeks now.
It's pretty much the same every day - half pound burger patty on a lot of salad, roasted mushrooms, a bell pepper, cheese, an onion and an egg on top. Salad dressing is apple vinegar, olive oil, MCT oil, some spices and herbs.

I also take some supplements - potassium, vitamin C (a lot), vitamin D and K2, and inulin as a prebiotic.
I usually eat around 3 PM - works pretty well, I lost 8 pounds so far

Next week I go with chicken or turkey instead of the beef paddy
8 lbs in two weeks is very good. The water weight comes off first so weight loss tends to slow down some after a while.

Intermittent fasting works because it's doable for most people and because it causes metabolic changes that caloric restriction and low-carb alone don't achieve as efficiently. Inulin is a great supplemental fiber and prebiotic made from chicory root. It can be used as a mild sweetener.

Half an avocado baked with egg and cheese, an uncured sausage on toast, and topped with hen of the woods, tomato, and parsley, with a few strawberries on the side was my breakfast. The baked avocado should be in Toaster Oven Treats but I think one lengthy thread has some people already choking and that's sufficient.

Back