All food consumed in one day

Other than than the green excrement our diets are not so different. Well you eat at more posh joints. I’ll give you that.
The red smoothie is better than the green one, The blue one is outright tasty. I'll let the Black Bear crew know they work at a posh establishment. They'll probably start putting on airs. The poshest moment during the Black Bear dining experience is when the bear mascot comes into the dining room and scares all the toddlers to death. Even I reached for my Beretta* the first time that happened. "Don't shoot the bear! 🧸

*Disclaimer: No such thing occurred but I was grabbing my steak knife.

Last edited:
I've seen kcal used on dog food but never human food. I just looked through the pantry and fridge and couldn't find kcal on anything, we must not eat healthy. 😳

Black Bear Diner is posh compared to Denny's ..... 🤣

Kidding aside props being able to eat like that.

I've seen kcal used on dog food but never human food. I just looked through the pantry and fridge and couldn't find kcal on anything, we must not eat healthy. 😳
1 Calorie is not equal to 1 calorie, seriously. The Calorie shown on food labels means actually a kilocalorie. They usually but not always always get the capitalization of the c in calorie right.
Black Bear Diner is posh compared to Denny's ..... 🤣
Black Bear is bottom of the barrel with all the other crappy family-style restaurants.Coworker loves it and there's not much I can do about it.
Kidding aside props being able to eat like that.
Usually, I eat a lot more but as I said right now I need to shape up a little. But yeah, I don't eat too much garbage.

Last edited:
Yesterday:

My morning snack was an orange smoothie at 04:30. Carrots, bell peppers, ginger, lemon.

30 minutes of laps in the pool. The ocean is currently not suitable for dog-paddling.

My first meal was a tuna melt with a sunny-side-up egg, a grapefruit (not all pieces shown because unappealing looking), and half an avocado around 11:00.

My mid-afternoon snack was goldenberries (Physalis peruviana) in strained plain whiteyogurt. If you have never had goldenberries, you should try them. You can also get dried ones.

My last meal was a piece of Pacific salmon with breadcrumbs and herb crust over a sau·téed medley at 18:15.

I got on a cycle.

Last edited:
After getting up at 03:45 I had a red smoothie: cooked carrots, and bell pepper, blended with raw beets and a scoop of citrulline.

Ran 5 miles.

I had my first meal at 08:00: A pan-seared chicken breast, riced cauliflower and mixed veggies, and some Polish salad.

At 14:00 I had an apple (not shown) and some homemade chocolate with nuts and seeds (out of a Ziploc bag). I have posted the recipe a long time ago in another thread for the vegan who has been MIA for maybe a year. This stuff:

My last meal was a slice of dark whole-kernel multigrain bread with Cambozola, and tomato, Cheese really helps me feel full and I won't wake up at 01:00 with a growling stomach. Casein takes more time to digest than other types of protein and the high fat content of this cheese if also filling. Don't eat a pound of this stuff.

30 minutes weights

Tomorrow I'll do a carb day because as I mentioned, I do carb cycling.

Ran 5 miles.
Excellent! At 65 that I can't do, well I mean maybe slowly. Walk-run. Joints.

giphy.gif

Excellent! At 65 that I can't do, well I mean maybe slowly. Walk-run. Joints.
Swim. You get even better cardio while burning about the same amount of calories. You are already on a cycle which is the other low-impact option.

Carb day. Sort of.

Got up at 04:30. I had a blue smoothie. It's really purple and it has blueberries, blackberries, lemon, ground chia seeds, and plain white yogurt with a shot of filk (fake milk) to thin it down to drinking consistency.

I went dog-paddling for two hours around 11:00.

At 14:00 I had a maitake sandwich with egg and Mac and cheese topped with crispy puffed wild rice. Maitake mushroom is an adaptogen. AKA hen of the woods, it's not only a tasty but very healthy mushroom. The two pictures below can also be seen in My Roadside food pictures thread along with a picture of the establishment in question.

I was still a bit cold from the dog-paddling and went for a hike.

I decided to go carb-crazy and had a pecan pie and a latte at 16:40.

At 17:30 I had my dinner. Plaza food. Salmon over riced cauliflower with veggies and pickled red onion.

And this is what I'm eating right now at 18:30. Grapefruit from my tree, blueberries, and a banana. That's it for today.

After getting up at 03:45 I had a red smoothie: cooked carrots, and bell pepper, blended with raw beets and a scoop of citrulline.

Ran 5 miles.

I had my first meal at 08:00: A pan-seared chicken breast, riced cauliflower and mixed veggies, and some Polish salad.

At 14:00 I had an apple (not shown) and some homemade chocolate with nuts and seeds (out of a Ziploc bag). I have posted the recipe a long time ago in another thread for the vegan who has been MIA for maybe a year. This stuff:

My last meal was a slice of dark whole-kernel multigrain bread with Cambozola, and tomato, Cheese really helps me feel full and I won't wake up at 01:00 with a growling stomach. Casein takes more time to digest than other types of protein and the high fat content of this cheese if also filling. Don't eat a pound of this stuff.

30 minutes weights

Tomorrow I'll do a carb day because as I mentioned, I do carb cycling.
That's a chicken thigh.
All looks great though...

Today's food intake.

Morning snack at 04:25. I think it's nori but could be some other species of algae. That went down with 500ml of lemon water with citrulline.

Did rope jumping and some other cardio.

My first meal at 07:30 consisted of a cheese omelette, avocado with pico de gallo, and a slice of Wasa crips bread with Vegemite.

My second meal was Himalayan while out and about around 12:30. Dead bird, baa, and shrimp with rice and some green stuff.

At 16:00 I had an apple as an afternoon snack.

My last meal was at 18:30. A salad with mixed greens, avocado, kumatos, shredded bird flesh, sesame seeds, and some Polish salad. I also had a red smoothie - the one based on beets.

Laps in the pool.

Today:

Got up at 04:00 and had a bowl of plain white yogurt quickly blended with blue and blackberries and topped with fresh figs.

Just some cardio and weights.

My first meal at 07:00 consisted of almond flour pancakes (almond flour, ground chia seeds, pinch of salt, filk with a little maple syrup and fruit spread.

I had my second meal at noon. Venison and pork meatballs (venison by itself is a little dry because it's so lean) with a medley of sautéed baby potatoes, onions, peppers, Brussels sprouts, carrots - AmBrNeRnEctaR get your magnifier out!

Went dog-paddling in the late afternoon and it wasn't pleasant. Did some laps in the pool to warm up. The pool is 58°F.

Dinner at 18:00. Egg, tuna, kale tomatoes.

So, one more week of this, and I'll be back down to my "warm season" weight of 195 lbs. I'll have to keep using the dry suit until it gets a bit warmer.

I think I may exit my exile from the What are you eating now thread? After all, this is a social media site and I must circulate and not limit myself to a niche audience that doesn't need inspiration or leading by example.

Last edited:
Well, that went- not well. Not at all. I'm back to posting here. I'm no longer incentivized to post all food I eat in a day. Been there, done that. I still would like to show how I eat reasonably healthy things with little effort and little time spent. I actually got one of my coworkers to have breakfast at home instead of grabbing Mickey D's on the go after we head out.

Breakfast was half an omelette with roasted chicken and onions, extra crispy.

Last edited:
Today:

Got up at 04:00 and had a bowl of plain white yogurt quickly blended with blue and blackberries and topped with fresh figs.

Just some cardio and weights.

My first meal at 07:00 consisted of almond flour pancakes (almond flour, ground chia seeds, pinch of salt, filk with a little maple syrup and fruit spread.

I had my second meal at noon. Venison and pork meatballs (venison by itself is a little dry because it's so lean) with a medley of sautéed baby potatoes, onions, peppers, Brussels sprouts, carrots - AmBrNeRnEctaR get your magnifier out!

Went dog-paddling in the late afternoon and it wasn't pleasant. Did some laps in the pool to warm up. The pool is 58°F.

Dinner at 18:00. Egg, tuna, kale tomatoes.

So, one more week of this, and I'll be back down to my "warm season" weight of 195 lbs. I'll have to keep using the dry suit until it gets a bit warmer.

I think I may exit my exile from the What are you eating now thread? After all, this is a social media site and I must circulate and not limit myself to a niche audience that doesn't need inspiration or leading by example.
Please continue to perambulate.
All of this looks gorgeous...

Well, thank you, #1 fan! I hope it's not too fancy. Any more than a can of cheap beer and a bowl of oatmeal and it's often considered fancy around these parts! 🤣

Last edited:
Well, that went- not well. Not at all. I'm back to posting here. I'm no longer incentivized to post all food I eat in a day. Been there, done that. I still would like to show how I eat reasonably healthy things with little effort and little time spent. I actually got one of my coworkers to have breakfast at home instead of grabbing Mickey D's on the go after we head out.

Breakfast was half an omelette with roasted chicken and onions, extra crispy.

Would eat. With religious relish.

Nice 👍
I have been doing 18 hr fast for 5 months 7 days a week. Not for weight loss but other issues and I really like the lifestyle. No cheating and takes very little effort.

Saved money and my trash is down over 50 percent come trash day. The only way to roll.

Nice 👍
I have been doing 18 hr fast for 5 months 7 days a week. Not for weight loss but other issues and I really like the lifestyle. No cheating and takes very little effort.

Saved money and my trash is down over 50 percent come trash day. The only way to roll.
You gotta do what you gotta do. I like to fast 10-12 hours every day in an effort to balance mTor and AMPK, achieve homeostasis, and encourage autophagy. I only need 4 hours of sleep so I go only 6 to 8 hours of my waking hours without food which is no problem at all. Every fall season I gain 10 lbs very quickly and deliberately. Not all but most of it is fat. 🫣

Back