healthy foods (mainly cottage cheese)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that school has started and your time is limited are you able to stay with the healthy foods? Do not forget we are all looking forward to an up date. We know that you will achieve your goal by graduation.

Helen

Thank you for the support Helen.

I've been sticking to the routine. I've pretty much been having chicken breast and broccoli every night for the last two weeks except my once a week cheat nights. For the most part I've been staying at or below 2100 calories a day. My cheat nights are on Thursdays because by the time I'm done with my last class at 9:20 PM I'm pretty exhausted. And getting to eat something that isn't chicken gives me something to look forward to and keep me sane.

It's actually not that bad though. Those bottles of seasoning rubs they sell at the store and a little George Foreman grill I got really makes the chicken taste good. I still don't much like cottage cheese though. I just finish it quick when I have it.

I lift some light weights three times a week and do some walking or biking when I can. When I got on the scale this morning it read 227 so it's working. I was 235 three weeks ago. It was slow, but it's working.

Healthy food can taste as good, if not better, than 'junk' food. Get over the salt/sugar thing, and lo and behold your taste buds adjust and you can taste the actual food instead of the additives. It takes work reading all the labels and buying from farmers markets etc but it's worthwhile imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back