Sardine Sammich

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: laserred96gt
I just fought a bunch of sardines at costco,

Sheesh... and here I thought the Walmart crowd was tough.

Thanks for the thread...I need to get back to eating them, after being banished by co-workers some time ago if I cracked a tin of Oscars.

Break them up a little, some lemon juice, and oh so tasty...yes in a sandwich.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Originally Posted By: laserred96gt
I just fought a bunch of sardines at costco,

Sheesh... and here I thought the Walmart crowd was tough.

That's hilarious, I just caught that.

Just had a revelation. Sardine tacos. A quick goggle search indicated I'm not the first. I'm going to have to try this.

Originally Posted By: hatt
Just had a revelation. Sardine tacos. A quick goggle search indicated I'm not the first. I'm going to have to try this.

I like it. Gonna have to experiment some time.

Originally Posted By: hatt

Brilliant. Add some kind of slaw like how traditional fish tacos are done? It couldn't be too sweet or too much lime though since you wouldn't want to drown out the salty goodness of the sardines. Cabbage slaw, sliced red onion, diced tomato with a mayo dressing with cumin would be pretty good.

WASABI! I was running low on horseradish, and I remembered that my son's girlfriend had given me a little tin of powdered wasabi. Mixed it up, and Shazam! Major synergy with the Sriracha. Sort of like moly and boron in PYB.
laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back