AcDelco Dexron VI different part numbers?

All I’m asking is if someone may know what the two different AcDelco part #s were about since they look identical. If you don’t know move on.
It really is somewhat irrelevant since if it has a DEXRON-VI license it meets the same set of requirements as does any other licensed product. If you want something "better" than a DEXRON-VI product you have to look elsewhere, such as something from Red Line. They could help you find an appropriate product. DEXRON-VI is has pretty stringent requirements and regardless of the blender they are going to be very similar.

Last edited by a moderator:
IT is-and most topics are rehashed thousands of times.
So, how about answering the guy’s question? You were a new poster once, and people answered your questions.

JohnnyDee - first, welcome to BITOG! Next, I would PM Clinebarger. I don’t know the answer, but he builds very high performance transmissions and should have some perspective on your question.

cheers,
Astro

So, how about answering the guy’s question? You were a new poster once, and people answered your questions.

JohnnyDee - first, welcome to BITOG! Next, I would PM Clinebarger. I don’t know the answer, but he builds very high performance transmissions and should have some perspective on your question.

cheers,
Astro
I did answer his question-if it's AC Delco and spec'ed Dex 6, he should use it regardless of part numbers. It doesn't matter what the base stock is. He is going to put 30,000 miles (or less) and undoubtedly change it out before it even it totally degrades anyway.

It really is somewhat irrelevant since if it has a DEXRON-VI license it meets the same set of requirements as does any other licensed product. If you want something "better" than a DEXRON-VI product you have to look elsewhere, such as something from Red Line. They could help you find an appropriate product. DEXRON-VI is has pretty stringent requirements and regardless of the blender they are going to be very similar.
AGAIN, if you don’t the difference between the two, later ✌🏼.

cheers,
Astro
Thank you 👍🏼

OP-what weight oil are you going to be using so we can discuss "What Motor Oil" is best............

Well if you insist then then within that context of two licensed fluids with different part numbers there is no functional difference.
This is the answer. I got a feeling the OP will fit right in on BITOG. Look for my upcoming thread on the "Motor Oil Forum" I'm going on vacation-should I change my oil before or after"?

OP-what weight oil are you going to be using so we can discuss "What Motor Oil" is best............
Wow must have hit a nerve. Sorry Didn’t mean to be so insensitive. Thank you for your input and please move along.

So this is why I was confused. I know if it says dexron vi it should be the same. But when I saw this on AcDelco’s website It made me wonder. One says synthetic and one says it’s not. But the pn that’s says non synthetic on Delco’s website says full synthetic on the back of the bottle??? And if my posts frustrate you then move along. I was just wondering if anyone knew anything more about this.

Attachments

• 2CE95751-220A-4A50-ADAF-10A66EE39B44.jpeg
    2CE95751-220A-4A50-ADAF-10A66EE39B44.jpeg
    72.6 KB · Views: 58
  • 6C75F464-7452-498F-8C57-0D5140BA86D5.jpg
    6C75F464-7452-498F-8C57-0D5140BA86D5.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 54
  • F788B649-6B17-4CB6-815D-3F7EDA34435C.jpg
    F788B649-6B17-4CB6-815D-3F7EDA34435C.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 58
  • E9D9F749-6D8E-4CB0-92A0-E7CFE5C0D02D.jpeg
    E9D9F749-6D8E-4CB0-92A0-E7CFE5C0D02D.jpeg
    155.4 KB · Views: 55
More threads specific to your question:

And by the way, telling people to "move along" isn't going to be a good draw to get a discussion here.

Yes, that’s the gallon size of the
10-9243 that reads full synthetic.
“Synthetic“ is not regulated very well in the USA. Early Dexron VI formulas were a semi … but to be honest its pretty hard to determine what it’s made from today. Some play around with safety data sheets … yet a number of materials are not required to be listed. Good news is base stocks are getting better and the line between them is blurred.

As others mentioned … Redline or Amsoil tend to be real Grp4/Grp5 synthetic … but at the price point of AC Delco it will be all Grp3 or a small amount of Grp2 added to lower the cost to make it.

a little more info to contribute. Like JohnnyDee mentioned, GM/AcDelco has so many Dexron VI numbers to choose from, its frustrating for sure. I ended up comparing the label on the back of my 4 year old bottle and found the 10-9243 matched word for word. I'm more confident no ill effects on my 2nd (100k) oil/filter change this weekend. Interesting enough the 10-9243 was $2 cheaper/qt. than the 10-9394 go figure ...
IMG_6794.JPG

maybe the manufacturer of the fluids...Mobil is GMs current lubrication manufacturer...I don't think AC Delco makes anything but puts their label on many things...Dexron Vl can be a synthetic blend or full synthetic...as long as it meets whatever the spec is for Dexron Vl...I agree that it can be confusing...

when I had my transmission fluid changed at the Cadillac dealership, GM had just re-signed their agreement with Mobil and the Dexron Vl used by the dealership was "made by Mobil" synthetic blend Dexron Vl...

good luck with your choice

Bill

Back